Wounds

(A.N: There is a part that involves blood and open wounds. I just want to warn you ahead of time.)

MARNETTE

Mud.

Never in my whole entire life have I thought of watching the sun rise on mud.

I groan as I touch my hair, tied into a bun. My hair has mud on it!

"Get up, Private!"

"Nooooo!" I whine at the person nagging me to get up. "Let me enjoy the view of the sun rise, lieutenant!" I cry out loud and make myself comfortable on the mud.

Lieutenant Agreste hovers over me, blocking the sunlight on my face.

"Private, if you don't get up in 5 seconds, I'm going to kick you until you get up." he warns, arms crossed in front of his chest.

"Ha!" I prop myself up on my elbows, "You wouldn't dare..." I look at him and one of his eyebrows are raised.

"Oh yeah? Have you forgotten that I have been in the military for a long time?" he seethes and raises five fingers. Slowly, he would bend one.

4 fingers.

3 fingers.

2 fingers.

1 finger.

I immediately stand up once his last finger started to bend. "Okay, I'm up! Geez man, you could have just asked nicely. No wonder why you don't have a girlfriend." The last sentence is said under my breath but he must have heard it because he grabs my shirt and drags me closer to him.

"What did you say, private?" He hisses making sure to fully dictate his words.

God, he looks so good up close.

"U-uhh..." I stammer and look across the field. I see Private Chloe- I mean, Nurse Chloe having her morning jog. "I said that she could be your girlfriend." I point to her and lieutenant looks at the person I'm pointing to.

"Her? Yeah, right. Try to trick me once again, private. You have no idea who you're messing with." he pushes me, making me lose my balance. I land hard on the mud and I bitterly watch him walk away.

Okay, I remember him saying that he would never in a million years train me. But why is he doing it? What or who pushed him to do it?

"Ugh." I complain, "I should take a bath first before doing anything today."

----------

"Where the hell were you early morning?"

I bite my apple as I place my tray on the table. I avoid the stares of the nurses- I mean, soldiers, unfortunately, sitting at the table.

"So?" Nath inquires again, "Where were you?"

"Training." I simply say with my mouth full and the others skeptically look at me.

"What?" Nath asks, dumbfounded. "Are you getting special classes?"

"The heck?" I reply, clearly annoyed with such questions early in the morning, "No. I'm not getting any special classes. Unfortunately, I injured my superior and by injured, I mean I shot my superior-"

"What the heck, Marinette?!" They all shout and I bring my index finger to my lips, telling them to shut up.

"It was an accident, okay?" I explain, "I didn't mean for it to happen!"

"You hurt Nino?" Juleka asks and I nod. "Do you know that he and Alya are a thing?"

I drop my apple in shock, "No way."