Hurting

ADRIEN

"Get up you lazy bum!" A sudden loud voice paired with hands pushing me off my bunk bed wakes my groggy self.

"Gosh..." I push myself up on the floor with my elbows. They ache as I prop them up. My hand shoots up in front of me to cover my eyes as they squint and try to adjust with the sudden brightness of the bunker. "W-what is going on?"

"Wake up!" Alya's cheerful face comes into view. She starts to do stretching exercises at my right. "It's time for our early morning run!" She announces.

I look around the bunker and notice that we are the only ones inside. "Where are the others?"

"They all left already. You should be thankful that I decided to wait for you!" She grabs ahold of my hands and starts to lift me up. "Now stand up!"

I groan and shake my hands away from her grasp. I fall on the floor again. "Let me sleeeeeeep!"

Ever since I had to start learning new lessons and start teaching Marinette in a fast pace, my body has been telling me to stop over-using it. Like seriously, even worrying over Marinette is taking a toll on my physicality. It has truly been a long time since I have felt this tired.

"I'm tir-"

"Me too!" Alya cheerfully cuts me off. She now grabs ahold of my legs and starts pulling them. "It's 3:30 in the morning and all of us are tired! But come on, we got a three-hour run waiting for us!"

"THREE HOURS? I'm too tired to do any kind of crap!" My body rolls so that I can lie down on my stomach. But Alya's hold on my legs stops me from doing so. "Please let go of me..."

"I won't stop until you get up. You have to be fit!"

"My body has enough abs to be considered irresistible already!" I whine. I start to lift my shirt, "Here's proof-"

"I-I don't need proof!" Alya frantically pulls down my shirt. "Jesus, you are such a burden so early in the morning..." She mutters under her breath.

"What did you say?" I ask, trying to seem clueless even if I heard every single word she said.

"N-nothing!" She says, trying to cover up her words. "Please get up. Even the soldiers have left us already!"

My ears perk up and my eyes fly wide open like as if I feel much more awake now upon hearing the word 'soldiers'.

"S-soldiers?" I question cautiously, "Even the privates?"

"All of them." She simply answers.

So Marinette will be there?

I clear my throat and start to slowly get up, "Okay. You win. I don't want to feel ashamed later when people will tease me of being the only one who did not run today..." I say, masking my excitement of just seeing Marinette early in the morning.

"That's the spirit!" Alya cheers, completely oblivious to my sudden change of character. "Now start stretching with me!"

"No." I push myself off the floor. "We gotta start catching up with them right now!"

--------

"W-wait up!" Alya shouts with exhaustion at me.

I laugh looking behind me and seeing her struggle to run in the same pace as me. "Just one more hour, Alya! And then we're done!"