Drowning

ADRIEN

Sneaking kisses would always be the best part of my day.

Never would I end my day without placing my lips on such luscious lips of hers. And I would always make sure that my kisses would leave her weak on the knees.

Swollen lips, unruly hair, and flushed cheeks are what I get after every time we spend together.

And I am greeted with that ravishing view right now.

"Why do you always ambush me every now and then?" She asks in between our kisses. I capture her lips with mine once again and she doesn't hesitate to kiss me back.

"But the way you kiss me seems that you're not complaining."

"It may be because I want to drown you with my kisses also." She retorts, pulling away from me. "Now I have to get back to work. The others might be looking for me."

"It's not my fault that you got caught up with some errands here. After all, this is not your work station anymore."

And it's true. Why is a private here at the nurse's station? Unless a certain nurse dragged her in to just spend time together (a.k.a make-out), but no one knows that and no one needs to.

"I really have to go now, Adrien. You're drowning me with too many kisses for the day." She walks to unlock the door and I keep ahold of her hand.

"How are you and your comrades?" I ask. "You're working well together right?"

She turns to look back at me and she sighs. "We're doing alright." She starts to play with my fingers. "Aurore has been telling me what I need to know about your plans for the mutiny. Her with Ivan and Mylene are the best team mates."

"That's good to know."

"I heard that there's a rat in the system." She quietly says, afraid that someone might hear her. "The information of the mutiny is being disseminated in the hands of the government."

I look away from her. "You're not supposed to know about that. You're still new. You shouldn't be exposed to serious matters such as this."

"I saw the dead bodies, Adrien. And I have been handling such bodies for years. What's so secretive with what you're going to do with the traitor? Kill him?"

I decide to stay quiet and my silence answers her question.

"When did you find out about the traitor?"

"A week ago." I answer and I hear her sigh.

"Why didn't you tell me, Adrien? The consequences are grave and I know that as my uncle's right hand man, you'll be one of those giving the punishment. How can you heal when you're in-charge of such practices?"

"I'm not here to heal." I state out loud. "Marinette, I know that I can never heal and I will never heal because of the environment around me. I'm a lost cause so I might as well end as one."

"But you have me." She says, cupping both of my cheeks with her hands. I search her eyes to see how sincere she was. And I know that I didn't need to with what she said. I knew that she was already sincere the moment she said that I had her.

"And I cannot thank you enough." I whisper.

She takes a moment to just look at me before leaning down and pressing a kiss on my nose. I close my eyes with the gesture and I can't help myself to break out in a huge smile. "Whatever happens, remember that you now have me with you. I'll see you later."