Perspective

MARINETTE

"I made sure that the room we are going to use has its cameras and microphones off," Nathanaël informs me as we both walk together.

"Thank you...and thanks also for agreeing to be with me in this meeting."

"No problem, Marinette. I just...I know that you have developed the balls to go against Monarch and call for a meeting like this, but are you sure that you want to push through with it behind his back?" Nath asks in a low voice as we near the meeting room where Adrien and Nino are waiting for us.

"If Monarch knew about this, I bet my ass that I will not be alive tomorrow."

Nath sighs out loud. "Like as if that would happen, Marinette. He loves you."

We both stop at the entrance of the room and rest my hand on the doorknob. "Well, I don't share the same feelings anymore."

"Sometimes I feel like you're taking advantage of his feelings by having more courage to do these kinds of things."

"What's daring with this meeting?" I ask Nath with a smile. "I'm just going to talk with two friends of mine."

"Yeah, right. Friends." He mutters under his breath as I open the door and the both of us enter the room.

Both Nino and Adrien stand as Nath and I enter the room. Immediately they salute to Nath and I, while Gorilla stands and does the same at their back. In the room are just four chairs and a table enough for us to have the meeting. Nath looks at the three of them as he tries to hide his surprise. It's his first time to have people salute at him.

"Is...Is this normal for you?" Nath whispers to me.

"I've learned to just go with it," I whisper back. "At ease, soldiers," I command them and the three men in front of us put down their arms. "Gorilla, thanks for giving them company. I'd like you to leave for the mean time." I flash him a smile and he just grunts in recognition before leaving the room.

"Please take a seat again," I say to the two men in front of me. "Thank you for coming here today." Nath and I take our seats as well.

Nino immediately scoffs as he drums his fingers on the table. "There is nothing to thank us for since we were forced to be here."

"Nino, stop," Adrien warns him from his right side.

"What the hell, dude?" Nino exclaims. "Are you suddenly just switching out for your own convenience?"

"I'm just trying to stay neutral here," Adrien snaps at him.

"Don't you realize that I've been trying to do that for the past weeks?" Nino snaps back. "But I can't help to feel angry and frustrated with everything that's been going on!"

"Nino-" Adrien starts but I immediately interrupt him.

"Then feel that way!" I exclaim. "Be angry and frustrated like you said you are and allow me to feel your pain!"

"And how would that help?!" Nino shouts back.

"Because I can help you!" I declare. Nino quiets himself down as I let out a deep breath. "I mean...I need to help you."

"Like as if that could happen," Nino utters dejectedly. "The mine incident 13 years ago that started this whole dispute is not something one can help with."

"Well was the closing of it something that could have really been stopped?"

"It's something that could have been avoided, the further excavation of the mine was not needed," Adrien points out. "It shouldn't have been done in the first place."