Last

MARINETTE

With the same material as the rings Adrien and I done, I also made one that resembles a necklace where I can let my ring hang from.

As a nurse, I can't wear anything on my hands but I still made sure to keep the ring with me at all times.

I clutch my ring, hiding beneath my jacket. I do it every time a sudden thought of Adrien pops in my mind.

I just can't stop...worrying.

What's helping me ease those worries, though, is the fact that the movement is working according to plan. Not a lot of people are getting hurt, and if they are, they only have minimal wounds. Wounds that are easy to treat.

"Nurse Marinette," Nathalie calls me from the side of the tent.

"Yes?" I reply, letting go of my hold on the ring and turn around to see a young woman, clutching the side of her arm, standing beside her.

"We got a new patient," Nathalie says. She leads the woman to me then turns to her. "This is Nurse Marinette. She will take care of your wound."

I smile at her and she shyly grins back. "Here, let's sit down before I check your wound." I grab a plastic chair from the side and place it behind her. She takes a seat on it as I grab another one for me to sit as well.

"Okay, may I ask what your name is?" I utter with a smile as I start to grab  a clean gauze from one of our many first-aid kits.

"It's Jessica," the young person answers and shows the gash along her arm, near the shoulder.

"Well, Jessica," I start to bring out the disinfectant and place it on the wound. "Luckily, you won't need any stitches. Let's get that wound of yours cleaned up. You might feel a bit of a sting."

Just as I clean around the area and start to wrap the spot on her arm with a long guaze, she speaks again in a soft voice, "Thank you for this."

"No problem. It's my job-"

"No, I mean...thank you to all of you for doing this," she clarifies, her eyes looking straight into mine. She sounds and even looks serious as she talks.

I rest a hand on top of hers that is placed on her lap. "We were all bound to rise against them all."

"But to choose to rise against two forces? How would any of you have the courage to do that?"

I lean close and pat her hand. "It only took the will of one to say it to a group of people," I tell her softly.

"Was it you?" she asks and I shake my head.

"No, but it was someone I know and now, someone I trust wholeheartedly along with this team." I gesture to the medics and nurses around me as we work our way through this movement by helping those who need us the most. Using the peace we have as our voice.

"I knew that I had to join the movement ever since the day I heard about it. I'm a student and my mom...she doesn't know that I'm here."

"Wouldn't your mom be worried?"

"I'll think about that later," Jessica utters, softly laughing. "Now," she continues and takes a look at her bandaged arm, "I want to make my voice heard as well."

"Then I think you should be joining everyone outside again. The people would need an extra voice."

"Of course, nurse." she smirks at me and stands. "Thank you so much. I want to go back, I need to."

As she almost leaves the station, I call out to her, "Stay safe!"

She turns back and lets out a laugh. "If it's for the future of the nation, I can't promise much." After that, she runs back and joins the crowd again.