Before Anything

MARINETTE

I haven't been in the infirmary in a long time, so stepping in it earlier this morning brought a nostalgic feeling over me. To set foot again in familiar territory - a place I have grown to love, made me feel comfortable even if it was just for a brief moment. It was still something happy to think about it.

"I missed this place," I whisper to myself. Alya must have heard it since I feel her rest a hand on my right shoulder.

"This place missed your presence too, Nurse Marinette." She grins at me and I do the same. "Now, girl, let's get to work. Those first-aid kits are not counting on their own."

Alya and I volunteered to prepare the medical supplies needed for the planned movement which will happen in a few days. And speaking of them, I'm getting worried that there won't be enough (i)if ever something terrible happens.

"Is it just me or do we not have enough supplies?" I voice out my worry, counting for the third time the number of rolls of medical gauze we have.

"We're still being supplied the regular amount of items enough for all of us." She faces me and forces a half-smile. "They don't know that we're planning for a peace revolution. If we suddenly ask for more, they will get suspicious."

"Hm," I hum in reply, "you got a point there."

"Plus," she adds, "this is going to be a peaceful revolution. As much as possible, I don't want anyone to get hurt."

"None of us are going to resort to violent actions, that's for sure. I'm just worried that the people who would want to stop us would do that."

"Well," she starts and softly nudges me, "let's prepare for the worst yet hope for the best at the same time. A lot of people will be there to help as well. We all got each other's backs."

I heave up one box full of unused syringes on the table beside me and face her again. "And we got our hot boyfriends who will protect us when we need them," I utter in a playful manner, quirking an eyebrow.

"Amen to that!" Alya nods in assent and grabs a box for herself to count the supplies inside. "But will they protect us first? Or will they help those who need more protection than us?"

"Definitely the latter," I answer without missing a beat. "Also, I think it would be the other way around. They would need to be protected, not us."

"Nino and Adrien would be surprised to see us working it out during the movement."

"Nope," I shake my head, continuing to sort between the different sizes of syringes, "they would be proud of us." I pause to flash a smile at her then turn back to my job at hand. "Speaking of Adrien, I asked him out on a date tonight."

"Ah," Alya lets out a sound meaning that she is impressed. "Living up to the tradition, I see." She bends down to grab another box from the floor and carries it to the table. "This may be a stupid question but did he say yes?"

I laugh, finding myself amused with her question then I turn all shy. "Yeah," I utter bashfully, "he did."

"Well...what do you have planned?"

"Um, I'll be wearing my formal nurse uniform."

"Classy," she comments happily. "Are you planning to...wear something special under all that?"

I stop and look at her, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?"

She lets out an exasperated sigh. "Don't play dumb with me. You know, lingerie, Marinette!"