Acknowledgements

"Jefferson has beliefs, Burr has none."

-The Election of 1800

When I was 16, I encountered an 'impossible' philosophical question:

Does an ideal government exist?

With writing this book, I wanted to test it out.

Unfortunately, until now, I still haven't found the answer and I doubt I'll ever find it.

------------

For three different periods of time between 2016 and 2020, I wanted to discontinue this book.

First was because I realized that I wanted to write a fantasy of mine wherein I am together with this guy I liked for a very long time already. Yet that fantasy will never come true, and I've accepted it wholeheartedly.

Second was when I entered college at 18 and living far away from my family and facing new problems on my own. Things were very hard for me. I've never experienced feeling that lonely.

Third was because of my hatred for my country, the government, just everything about it. Seeing or reading about current events would just add to my rage over what is happening to the country and the injustices we face every single day.

Despite all that, those three things were also the reasons why I knew I needed to finish the book.

Letting go of the guy made me the strong person I am now, and I have my priorities in check. If ever I were given the chance to be with someone, I would want to make sure that I did something for myself and I also want to make sure that I am proud of myself without any validation needed.

Being far away from my family made me realize that I am not alone in that struggle. My dormmates are my new family and I have a strong support system with my closest friends in college. I may feel alone, but they are my constant reminder that the loneliness I feel is not something to be ashamed of, I should embrace it and all the more allow people to be part of my life, especially my newfound friends.

And the hatred and rage I've felt for my country has spurred hope in me. The youth has a voice that needs to be heard. This is my way of protest. This is my voice.

I felt that if I did not finish this book and chose to truly discontinue it, I would be accepting my defeat.

------------

One vital component that gave me strength to finish this book is you.

Thank you for reading and even commenting on the chapters. Some even went beyond, leaving 15 comments or more in some chapters hahaha those always brought me entertainment 😂

Some have been with me since 2016, some joined around this year, 2020. Either way, I cherish each and every one of you. My 16-year old and 20-year old self is forever grateful. 💖👄💖

With that, I leave you with two pieces of literature that constantly inspired me in writing this book.

First is a poem by Pastor Martin Niemoller

First They Came

First they came for the Communists
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Communist
Then they came for the Socialists
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Socialist
Then they came for the trade unionists
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a trade unionist
Then they came for the Jews
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Jew
Then they came for me
And there was no one left
To speak out for me.

And the second is a segment from a letter of Jose Rizal to Mariano Ponce, dated back July 17, 1888.

Sa panahon kapwa mag-isip na...
natin ang mga Pilipino,
masasabing natupad na ang
mahirap nating misyon, ang
pagbubuo ng sambayanang
Pilipino.

English translation:
On the day when all Filipinos
should think like...us, on that day
we shall have fulfilled our arduous
mission, which is the formation
of the Filipino nation.

------------

I also give thanks to the Great Dei (God) for being the writer in me.

I hope that as young as you are, my readers, you are made aware of your voice.

I'm not asking you to go out and protest for what is right and just. I can't do that as well (my introverted self is not that strong to do that).

I use my voice to make myself aware of our country's current situation and I write. I write stories like this, I educate my friends by simply talking to them - very simple work, yet very impactful.

Cultivate and educate yourself now and continue to do that :)

This is my second book on Wattpad that I've finished and it feels like the finish of a great feat.

Let's not disturb the reunion of our lovebirds. I heard Adrien and Marinette are finally going to get their simple wedding that they deserve ;) perhaps this time, with real rings.

I will see you all in the rest of my ongoing works. Hopefully, you'll check them out as well 💖

Thank you all, once again. Thank you for choosing to stay with this book until its very end 💖😭 I love all of you.