Surgery

Tobias's POV
      I can't tell who's more nervous about this surgery.  Tris is acting like it's nothing, which it probably is.  I,  on the other hand, am extremely nervous. Maybe it's just the fact that I'm protective of her. Ever since we found put about her miscarriage she has been wanting to get this surgery over with. 
       "Tobias, I'm fine. Everything is fine," Tris tells me as she puts the hospital gown on.  I look down at my hands.  "Think about it. After this is over with I should be good for at least six to seven months. We can go back to certain activities again," she says. 
     "I know, I just don't like the fact that your getting surgery. I don't like the fact that I can't help you with this and it makes me feel useless," I tell her. She sits on my lap. 
     "You are far from useless. Who has been the one to help into the room when I can barely walk cause of the pai? Who has been the one t get me my pain meds when I need them and can't get them myself?"
     "Me," I say looking into her eyes.  She smiles and kisses my cheek. The doctor comes in and tells her it's time. 
     ×××××
     After a few hours Tris is out of surgery and asleep.  They pit Amity serum in her system, so lord be with me when she wakes up.
     "Lalalalala," I hear a sing song voice say. I turn my head to see Tris smiling.
     "How do you feel?" I ask. 
    "Like a unicorn," she answers. What? "Unicorns feel good and are happy happy happy. So am I. Therefore, I feel like a unicorn," she says with a giggle. 
    "That's good," I say. At least she's not in pain. She takes my hands and holds it.  
      "Your hands are rough," she points out. I have a feeling like if we did have a kid, this is how our daughter would be in her early years. 
      "It's called they're calloused," I say. She plays with my ring. 
     "Hmmm," she mumbles.  "You're very handsome," she says looking at me. I laugh a little.
     "Thank you. You're very beautiful," I tell her. She blushes. 
     "Thanks, but no I'm not. I know I'm not," she tells, getting serious. I feel my blood boil at the fact she doesn't see herself as pretty or beautiful. Was there Truth Serum in here cause she would had never said that of not. 
      "Yes you are. You are smart, brave, kind, honest, selfless, sexy, and the most beautiful woman I know," I tell her. 
     "I might as well be Divergent," she says. Her face scrunches up slightly.  "Oh wait I am," she says and starts giggling. This is gonna be a long night.