Chapter 6 - Lust

Chapter 6 - Lust

There I was once again, running towards the coast line, falling onto my knees, breaking down into complete and utter emotional agony. Feeling the hurt, the pain, the confusion, the loss, all stemming from...something....

And then I woke so suddenly, gasping in air furiously as if my lungs were about to collapse. I immediately detected that my face was soaking wet. I slowly opened my eyes to come face to face with a large, perfectly toned and shirted chest, that was intimately up against my cheek. Oh my.

I looked up to realise that my face was buried deep into Will's chest. His arms were engulfing around me tightly, and we were lying on my bed. "Miranda, shhh, it's ok now, you're awake. You're safe."

What was he talking about?

I pulled away from him slightly to wipe my face dry and study what the wet liquid on it was. Oh. Obviously, I had been crying, balling my eyes out, in fact. It was the dream. All of the emotions, they felt so intense, so real...

"That must have been some nightmare, I couldn't seem to wake you." He hesitated for a moment as we sat in silence. I hadn't dared to move a single muscle just yet; mainly because I was enjoying his embrace, but also because his intimacy was making me exceedingly nervous and I didn't quite know how to react.

"Sorry, um, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable..." He said as if picking up on my nerves. He eventually started to pull away from me and avert his gaze down towards the bed, avoiding me.

"No, Will. It's fine." Although I did feel extremely self-conscious. "I'm so sorry. I feel...so, pathetic. You've had to waste however long you've been here, practically babysitting me. I mean, you barely even know me..." I trailed off, becoming distracted from my embarrassment, by a sudden buzz of energy. I noticed that my headache had completely disappeared, too. I felt pumped and fully charged, I basically felt ready to go for my daily jog!

"Wow. I actually feel great. That tea must have done the trick." I noted, practically jumping up off of the bed to stretch out like I was preparing myself to go for that run, changing the subject completely.

Will just chuckled at my sudden mood change. He looked up at me from the bed, and began to stand up with me. He straightened out his tight black short sleeved V-neck shirt, which I noticed was perfectly sculptured around those amazing chest muscles and six pack of his...Okay, I had to stop becoming so distracted by his body. I had a million important questions to ask.

"Will, I'm still so freaked out about the attack. There's more to it, I'm sure." I stated, turning around to face him straight on with a million more questions. He looked apprehensive about my statement, but I continued anyway. "Did you see another girl in the alley? That man was attacking her when I walked past, which is why I stopped. I hope she's ok? Please tell me she's ok." I pleaded, almost breathless from my sudden burst of energy.

"Um, I'm sorry Miranda, but I didn't see a girl there. It was just you." He replied, forcing me to narrow my eyes in suspicion. But the deeper I looked into his eyes, the more I trusted his answer. He was right, he just had to be...

"Okay then. Well, did you see the man's face? His teeth? He was a freak. I swear I saw blood dripping from them. Do you think he was some sort of, I dunno, like, cannibal, or something?" I pondered almost sarcastically, trying not to sound like a complete crazy person. Or, someone who actually believed in mythical creatures. Crazy, right?

"Um, no, Miranda. Well, he wasn't the best-looking bloke, but I'm pretty sure his teeth weren't anything out of the ordinary. If I recall, they were a little rotted, no surprise there though considering he was probably homeless." His words were logical, I suppose.