Chapter 9 - Unsure

Chapter 9 - Unsure

I woke up Wednesday morning once again with images of Will consuming my mind. I didn't know why I felt so drawn to him, and why ever since the day I'd met him, I couldn't get those beautiful sapphire eyes, his wonderful cologne, and perfectly sculptured body, out of my brain. It was almost as if I was hypnotised by him, as if I was somehow under his spell.

Perhaps it was just a physical attraction thing? Just pure lust? But I doubted that when I thought of the in-depth conversations I'd had with him, and the way he'd rescued me that night and spent the entire weekend looking after me and making sure that I was ok. Maybe I was just really starting to crush on this guy.

I checked the time on my phone and realised it was time to drag myself out of bed; I'd slept in long enough because I hadn't had any morning classes. I took a shower, had breakfast, and dressed in my light blue denim skinny jeans, and a fitted white laced sleeveless top, along with a pair of tan sandals. I grabbed my bag and headed for the relentless tutorial that I assumed I would know no one in.

As I walked into the class room, I instantly saw Ashton and Jordan sitting at the back row, so I decided to take a seat next to them. "Hey guys." I greeted, as I nonchalantly pulled up the chair and dumped my bag onto the desk, retrieving a note pad and pen out.

"Oh, hey Miranda! Nice to see that we finally have a class together!" Ashton enthusiastically replied, seemingly delighted at my presence. All I got from Jordan was a brief smile. Jordan seemed a little withdrawn, and I hadn't heard him speak much, or at all really. What was with Joel's friends?

"So how are you finding this Bachelor of Chemistry so far?" Ashton questioned, still holding that charming smile of his.

"Um, it's pretty boring, but I guess a piece of cake so far. I mean it's only been one and a half weeks." I replied, smiling back. "So I take it you guys are also studying Chem?" Ashton and Jordan simultaneously replied with a "Yep". So, Jordan does speak after all! Maybe he was just shy...

"So this party of yours Miranda, want us to bring anything? Food, drinks, swim suit? But don't worry, mine's not a mankini, I'm not that out there." He said smirking, noticing my slightly shocked expression at his suggestion of a mankini. I giggled at his comment. Ashton seemed like a nice guy, and I actually couldn't wait to introduce him to Summer, it was probably safe to say that a nice guy to settle down with wouldn't do her any injustice.

"You're welcome to wear a mankini Ashton, might help with the ladies?" I asked, cunningly hoping that I might find out if he was single or not.

"Maybe! So there's gonna be some hot girls there then?" He chuckled, with the smirk still remaining on his face.

"Sure is. Spare bed's out of bounds though." I replied smirking back. The lecturer then walked in and initiated the class, which turned out to be quite tedious.

After given a bunch of exercises to work through in groups, I decided to use this time to suss out a bit more about Lilly. I felt oddly comfortable with Ashton, almost in the same way that I did with Joel.

"So Ashton, what's Lilly's deal? I kind of get the impression she doesn't really like me? Or am I just being paranoid?" He looked at me with an unreadable expression, then over to Jordan, and back to me. Ok, what havoc have I reaped now?

"Yeah, um, Lil's a hard nut to crack. She'll warm to you eventually, you just gotta give her time. She probably just feels threatened by you or something, no biggie. I wouldn't worry about it." He replied, turning back to his notepad to continue working on the exercises. I shrugged it off, and continued talking to Ashton, and very little to Jordan, about our lives, where we grew up, why we chose chem; the usual stuff.