Chapter 8 - Jealous

Chapter 8 - Jealous

I didn't wake up feeling the best on Tuesday morning, and I had a sneaking suspicion that it may have had something to do with the wine. I was after all a college student, and college students had a reputation of being outrageously spontaneous with borderline alcoholism. Didn't they?

Whilst mentally battling with myself to justify my slight little hangover, it took all of my strength to finally pull myself out of bed, drag my feet to the shower, and get ready for the long day ahead. I knew I'd be seeing Will again today so I decided to dress to impress, choosing a fitted and relatively short light grey turtle neck knit dress, which showed off my figure perfectly, coupled with a pair of tan coloured ankle boots. It was yet another nice spring day outside. After doing my hair and make-up, I grabbed my bag and headed out the door.

I made my way to the first lecture, in which I spotted Joel immediately, so I proceeded to make my way down to take a seat next to him. As I walked down, I noticed he was chatting with a group of two guys and a girl. As I sat, he turned around to greet me, "Oh hey Miranda! How are you feeling today?" He asked chirpily with that heart-warming dimpled smile of his.

"I probably would be better if it wasn't for the wine, but other than that I'm ok." I smiled back at him, causing him to smirk.

"Miranda, these are my friends; Ashton, Jordan, and Lilly." He told me, gesturing to the tanned and muscled light-brown haired guy sitting next to him, the pale tall and lanky dark haired guy sitting next to him, and the pretty short blonde haired girl, sitting next to him. The two guys grinned at me, as if they'd just met someone famous. But the girl gave me what I first thought to be a dirty look with wide eyes and her jaw slightly ajar, which quickly turned into a forced smile. What the?

The guy I now knew to be Ashton spoke up first, "So! This is the wonderful Miranda we've all been hearing about hey?" He asked cheerfully, giving Joel a bit of a nudge on the arm with his elbow, causing Joel's tanned cheeks to flush a very slightly darker shade. So Joel must have already told them about me. They had to have been the friends that he'd invited to my party, surely.

"Shut up Ashton. Miranda these are the jerks who'll be coming to your party on Saturday. They just got back from holiday over the weekend which is why we didn't see them in class last week. But unfortunately for us we'll now be seeing a whole lot more of them here." Joel explained, as if reading my mind, as his mate Ashton elbowed him once more whilst grinning.

The lecturer then walked in and quietened the theatre full of students, before getting stuck straight into the content.

Once class was over, I said goodbye to Joel and the others, but before I was about to walk off, Ashton stopped me, "Hey Miranda, what classes have you got now?" I turned around to reply.

"I'm heading to a Physiology tute, then an Organic Chem lab prac after lunch." He looked a little disappointed.

"Damn, guess I won't be seeing you for the rest of the day then! But if I remember, I think Lil has the tute with you?" He chirped, while looking over at Lilly. This guy was so enthusiastic and friendly, and quite good looking, and would probably make a perfect match for Summer. I must admit that match making was something I rather enjoyed.

I turned to look at Lilly while throwing her a friendly smile, but all I got back was a very small forced one, then a roll of the eyes. What was this girl's problem?

We all made our way towards our next class, Lilly following behind me, keeping her distance and avoiding actually walking next to me, probably so she wouldn't have to start a conversation.