Chapter 11 - Overwhelmed

As I opened my eyes, I gasped for air in shock, trying to take in my foreign surroundings. I felt a sudden chill of air rush around me, and absorbed in the fresh sea breeze that hovered around my nose.

I was standing on a beach. Not just any beach; a beach that I had seen before. A beach that I had recognised, one that had previously haunted my dreams.

Suddenly I felt a heart-wrenching pain from within my chest; not a physical pain, but an emotional pain. A pain so great that it suddenly welled up tears in my eyes, and I started to ball very hard. The emotions of hurt, anger, confusion, guilt, all rushed through me. They were so overwhelming that I collapsed to the ground, no longer able to contain the energy that was holding myself up.

I couldn't stop crying, it hurt so, so much. But I was unsure at this stage of what had caused the pain in the first place. And then I'd realised that I'd been here before, but not like this. I'd watched this scene before, from far up above, hovering over the cliffs. But this time, I was her, I was me, the girl I saw collapsing there on the beach. The emotions this time were tenfold; so horrific, so overwhelming...

"Miranda! Miranda!!" I heard that familiar voice shouting out to me, forcing me to lift my head up from my hands. I stood up and turned around, only to come face to face with this voice.

And then I saw him. I finally saw this man's face.

The very second that I'd recognised him, my heart did a thousand flips, causing it to beat so fast that I could barely catch my breath. I studied the pained, yet somehow beautiful, look on that godly handsome face of his. The pain in those bright, alluring, sapphire eyes.

It was Will. Will was standing there before me.

"Miranda, please, please don't do this, please!" He begged, with so much desperation and ache consuming his gorgeous face. Even at his worst, he still looked amazing, and I wasn't even sure how that was possible.

I had no idea what he was talking about, until I noticed that he was looking in between me, and what was behind me. I immediately turned around, only to be faced with what looked like an enormous wave about one hundred metres into the ocean from the shore line where we were standing. It frightened the crap out of me until I'd realised that the wave wasn't moving, it was just hovering there, as if being held by some sort of impossible force.

All I could see were pictures of this wave in my mind. I felt the wave. I felt it inside of me, just hovering, as if I were controlling it. As if whatever my mind had pictured of the wave, I could control. As if the wave was coming from inside of me, consuming every single ounce of energy that was humanly possible. None of this made any sense to me, and I was so perplexed and so overcome with powerful emotion to even attempt to decipher it.

And then the entire scene started to fade out in front of my eyes. I blinked hard, trying to hold on to that scene. I wanted to know more, I wanted to understand it, to find out what it all meant.

I continued to blink furiously until suddenly I blinked and I was back in my bedroom. I sat up so rapidly, as if I'd been holding onto my breath for an eternity, and gasped in so much air that it had made me choke, feeling as though I'd just ran a marathon.

The emotions I felt in the dream were starting to slowly diminish, but the tears on my face hadn't. I had been crying again, hysterically. I felt the wet drops soak my dress, still trailing down my face. I'd then realised that Will was still here in my bedroom. He'd been here the entire time comforting me while I hysterically balled my eyes out in my sleep, not being able to wake me from that monstrous nightmare, and not being able to tell me that everything was ok when it wasn't, while I stood there so helpless on that eternal beach.