Chapter 25 - Defeat

Chapter 25 - Defeat

I woke up, immediately noticing the moonlight shining through the curtains, creating an eerily glow throughout the room. I couldn’t believe that I’d once again, slept away half of the day. I climbed out of bed, and crept towards the door. I opened it up, and peered down the candlelit hallway. Will’s house was kind of creepy, it was typical of what you’d imagine a rich, elegant, family of vampires to live in. They must have been pretty high up in society, I thought, wondering just what his parent’s occupations were.

I finally found the polished banister stairway, noticing that there was light seeping through the sides of a door, which was slightly ajar, from a room nearing the bottom of the stairs. I hesitantly crept my way down, and hovered by the doorway, listening in on a conversation by an apparent woman, man, and Will. I discretely peered my head around the corner, and was immediately spotted - by Elizabeth, Will’s mother.

“Miranda, dear, please come in. You don’t need to sneak around unnoticed here darling.” She warmly stated, throwing me a heart-warming smile. She was absolutely stunning, just as I’d remembered her the day I met her weeks ago. Her skin was pale white and flawless, she possessed the same sapphire eyes which Will had, and her light brown hair hung neatly down her back. She was wearing white fitted pants, a tan coloured blouse, and tan coloured heels. I returned a small shy smile, and hesitantly walked in, standing beside her. I felt somewhat intimidated standing next to someone as stunning as her. The room which I was now in was some sort of living room, filled with antique furniture surrounding a fireplace, and countless, large book shelves, covering each of the walls surrounding the room.

“This is Jacob, my husband, and Will’s father.” She told me, as I looked over to the man standing beside her. He was incredibly handsome, for a 40-something looking man, undoubtedly probably triple that age, if not more, due to the fact that he was also a vampire. He had tanned skin and shared the same hair colour as Will. His eyes were a golden colour though, similar to the eyes which Sebastian had. He was very well built, and about the same height as Will.

“Hello Miranda, it’s a pleasure to finally meet you.” He warmly stated, making me feel a little more at ease around this family of vampires which I was now intruding on.

I looked over at Will to flash him an innocent recognition smile, which he reluctantly returned, probably just for show, as he immediately looked away from me and back to his parents. “We were just talking about you my dear, discussing this pickle of a situation that seems to have come about.” Elizabeth told me, turning to face me, and gesturing for me to take the seat on the Lois XV style armchair beside her.

“You do understand that it is tremendously dangerous for us to have you here in our home Miranda, but we can see that William here genuinely cares for your safety, and we will do everything in our power to support his decision. We just need to make sure that the other vampires do not find out about it.” I just nodded in agreeance, not finding the words to respond to her statement just yet. I also silently giggled to myself at her use of ‘William’, Will’s full name. I could tell that it had made him cringe just slightly.