Chapter 35 - Love...?

I immediately relaxed the moment that I realised who it was that had covered my mouth with their hand. I felt it the second his skin had electrifyingly connected with mine. When he felt me relax, he let go of my mouth. "Will...you scared the crap out of me." I told him, searching his face there in the dark. "What the heck are you doing in here anyway?!" I pleaded.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you. I heard you mumbling, tossing and turning, I wasn't sure if you were in danger or not. I rushed in here to check up on you." He told me, concern consuming his tone. I felt the butterflies tickle the moment I realised just how much he clearly cared about me, whether or not he wanted to admit it just yet.

I exhaled a deep breath of relief, slumped back down into the bed, and rolled over, pulling the covers over me. "Well thanks a lot for waking me up." I stubbornly told him, putting on my spoilt little brat act again. I just couldn't help it; as much as I wanted to throw my arms around him & pull him in, I felt too proud to, because of the walls he had previously put up with me; it was like I just wanted to get him back.

"Ok then...well have a nice sleep ." He said while beginning to stand. Damn him! I was going to cave in and I knew it.

"Wait, Will?" I meekly questioned, turning around in the bed to face him. He paused and turned to face me. "We need to talk..." I said timidly. If I wasn't wrong, I swear I could see his lips twitch slightly in the dark at my statement; an automatic smirk threatening them.

"Do you really think that now is the time to talk? It's like...two am." He said, hesitant about whether or not to move towards me. I could tell deep down that he really did want to, that he was just playing games with me; testing me to see how desperate I would get to convince him to stay.

"Um, well, I'm wide awake now anyway. And you probably are too..." I said, hoping that he'd come over to me and wrap his warm arms around me. He then began to advance towards me, and softly took a seat by my side on the edge of the bed, facing me, and gently switched on the bedside lamp so that he could see my face clearly. Great. My eyes were probably all puffy, my hair a tangled mess, and blemishes showing through on my makeup-less skin. I couldn't help but feel a slight bit self conscious.

I think Will could tell that I'd squirmed a bit. "You look bea-, fine, Miranda, you don't need to worry." He told me, hesitating to boost my confidence too much, probably not wanting to seem so vulnerable to me just yet. I knew how he felt about me though, and it frustrated the crap out of me that he didn't want to show it just yet, he didn't want to admit that he had also fallen completely head over heels for me, too.

I leaned up on my elbow comfortably as he just sat there casually; continuing to study each other's eyes. I decided then that I should probably break the ice; I was after all, the one that had begged him to stay. "Will, I'm so damn confused right now. The reason I was restless in my sleep was...well...it was him again. He reached me again, this time in my sleep. He told me some things, and I'm not quite sure what to make of them." I said, sending him my puppy dog eyes and embracing for the worst.

He just shook his head in frustration. "I wish he would just stay the heck away from us. Surely you know by now that he's just trying to lure you in, because he's completely in love with you. You cannot trust a word he says. What did he say?" He asked me, staring intensely into my eyes. His eyes were so intimidating, full of so much lust that I could see hidden away, and they disturbed the butterflies in my stomach again, yet I couldn't look away. Focus Miranda, focus...

"Um, well, he basically said that I'm in danger again, and that I need to escape here. He also said something that freaked me out a bit...he told me not to trust my grandma?!" I said with disbelief, as if it were some sort of joke. Again, Will shook his head in frustration.