Chapter 33 - Confronted

Chapter 33 – Confronted

“And so we finally meet, Miranda.” She sourly said with a smug expression covering her face. I was stunned at how angelic-like her voice was, and I was instantly mesmerised the moment our eyes had met. The only other female vampire I’d met was Elizabeth, Will’s mum, and she also had a similar effect on me.

I threw Annaliese some evil looking daggers, and to my surprise, violently shoved her off of me and scrambled to stand. She was quite strong, but not strong enough to hold me down; pure adrenaline coursing through my veins, contributing to my sudden ounce of strength. I’d also then realised that my witch abilities may have had something to do with it too, the brain power contributing to the force I’d used. Her eyes widened in shock from this, and then a smug looking smirk had now crept up onto my lips.

“I must say, you’re quite weak for a vampire.” I threw at her, noticing just how unattractive she now looked, her face having been completely consumed with prominent looking veins, her eyes black, and her fangs showing. I mentally slapped myself for ever thinking that she was beautiful. Just knowing how evil she was had instantly changed my initial option of her.

My attention was then suddenly drawn back over to my grandma, noticing the mumbled sounds of struggle coming from her taped up mouth. The moment my eyes left Annaliese’s to fearfully glance at my grandma, she took that opportunity to launch herself at me, tackling me to the ground once more. Luckily for me, my defences were still on high alert, and I’d managed to also grab her by the shoulders as we fell to the floor. I’d flipped her over so that I was the one now on top, holding her down, and wrapping my hands around her neck, squeezing as hard as I possibly could.

She had also managed to strangle me, but I had the upper hand here, I was the one who had her pinned to the floor. “You’re...a...worthless pathetic...little witch Miranda! I don’t know what...Sebastian...sees in you!” She choked out, desperately trying to catch her breath in between each word. I was struggling to take in what she had just said to me, it had somewhat shocked me. What was she on about? Sebastian? Didn’t she mean Will?!

“You’re...an ugly, pathetic...little slut!” She screamed at me, trying so hard to gain advantage back over me, but I was not going to give up that easily. That last sentence had rightfully pissed me off, and what I did next, I must say, I never thought I’d be capable of doing. But I always knew that I could do it one day if I really needed to, all of those self defence classes now finally paying off - I punched her. I punched her hard, in the face. The second that I did it, I gasped and covered my mouth with my hand in shock, as my eyes widened. It had hurt my knuckles a bit, but I didn’t have time to whimper over the pain.

I felt so guilty, I mean I’d never once hurt a living soul, and I had so much anger brewing inside of me from this bitch that I’d injured her, and managed to knock her unconscious in the process. And what the hell was she talking about mentioning Seb like that? Why on earth would she care what Seb thought about me? Was she jealous? And where was Seb? Had she kidnapped my grandmother herself, to lure me in, all for herself?!

Grandma! I jumped up onto my feet, and rushed over to her. Surely she’d have some answers for me. I ripped the tape off of her mouth so fast, wincing at the thought that it may have possibly ripped some skin off in the process. I frantically untied her from the chair, and threw my arms around her in an emotion filled embrace.