One: Ace Of Spades

***Hey people!! First off, I want to say a huge THANK YOU for checking out Ace Of Spades! Even if you don't stick with it, it's awesome that you even clicked on it in the first place! It's the second story in the series, but it can be read as a stand alone. The first one is called Bonnie and Clyde, which you can find on my profile, so if you want, check it out! It's where we first meet some of the main characters in this one.

I'm not really a writer, I'm just doing this for fun, and I want it to actually be fun, both to write, and for you guys to read. So, at first, what you're going to be seeing is the raw, first, unedited verrryyy rough draft of the story. I started out with a vague plan, but then, the plot thickened and the story became way more elaborate than I originally anticipated, but I'm really excited because it's way better than my first idea.

Some writing advice I've gotten which has been really helpful is to "write a shit story at first," which basically means write it fast and get it all down, then edit it and completely rewrite it. So that's the plan for this one.

I've finished the first draft, which I'm happy enough with, so when I've finished editing one of my other stories(Princess Of Darkness which is about demons, magic and fiery female protagonists if you're interested), I'll come back to this and fix it all up!

But yeah, as always, feel free to tell me if it's crap and that I need to give up, or, if you're feeling slightly more generous, I really appreciate any feedback, what I can do better, what works well, whatever!

And, most importantly, I hope you enjoy it!!

It's amazing how quickly your life can change. In the slow, backwards, ironically named town of Brighton, where nothing exciting ever happens, and nothing ever changes, one single moment can alter your life forever, for better, or for worse.

Sometimes, we're lucky enough to be able to recognise these particular moments, and take a leap of faith, creating our own destinies, and making our own path, but, more times than not, they just happen without us even realizing what's going on, until it's already too late.

Tonight, a typical Saturday night, starting out so simply like any other, would turn out to be one of the most defining moments of my life.

Obviously, I had no idea, though, staring up in blissful ignorance at the flickering neon sign above the door to The Hole. The bar was really called The Water Hole, but, the water part didn't light up anymore, and no one bothered to fix it. The name kind of suited it, anyway, unlike the town's. The place was a dump, like Brighton, really, but, somehow, the place was packed, just like it was every weekend.

Every table was filled, bodies mingling around the bar. It was the usual crowd; guys from biker clubs, truckies, tradies, the rougher kind, everyone who avoided those trendy clubs with the hipsters who went to them to try and avoid people like us. Really, there was only one of those in town, not counting the place across the street that was trying to do the whole urban bar thing, like in the city, three hours from here.

I recognised some of the guys from my own club, Hell's Reaprs, as well as a couple from the outlaw gang, the Spectres, despite the fact that they had their own bar at their clubhouse. They rarely frequented here, or anywhere else, which only meant they'd be selling.

I immediately spotted Bonnie across the room, through the crowd. It would be impossible not to notice her. She was easily the best looking chick in the place, her coal black hair tumbling down her narrow shoulders, turning heads where ever she went.

I didn't see her like that, though. She was my friend, like a little sister to me, even though she was a few years older. And, even if I was into her, she was married to my best mate.