Twenty: Lead

"What do you wanna talk about, kid?"

Beast waited until the door was firmly shut, indicating to everyone outside that he didn't want to be interrupted, and we both sat before he asked, cocking one bushy eyebrow.

"And," he continued, nodding toward the door, "now I've seen that little blonde piece of ass out there with you, I'm thinking it's probably not to do with custom work."

The chair creaked as he sat back in it, watching me, and I clenched my jaw, thinking. I had this all planned out in my head, what I was going to say, but, now that I was sitting here across from Beast, I had no idea where to begin.

"Jenna's on the run," I finally answered. "She's got some guys after her, and, if they find her..."

I shrugged, figuring he could guess where I was going.

Beast didn't seem surpirsed. His expression stayed blank, he didn't even blink.

"What's she running from?" He asked, still mutual. "She fuck up?"

"No," I said quickly. "She's done nothing wrong-"

"That she's told you," he put in.

I hesitated, then nodded. He had a point, not that I believed for a second that she was lying, but I could understand that some people would be skeptical, considering what she told me had happened to her.  I know I didn't want to believe that sort of shit really existed in the world, but Jenna was the living, breathing proof.

"I was thinking that you might be able to help us," I told him hopefully, cutting straight to the chase.

"I need some context, kid," Beast said, his expression not giving anything away, promising nothing. "Her reason for running, the kind of people she's running from..."

He paused, watching me, and I began biting my lower lip, trying not to fidget.

"I've got no problem helping you out, Ace, I owe it to your family," he told me, and I frowned, not sure what he meant, but he continued before I could come to any sort of conclusion. "But I can't send the boys to take down just anyone. I need to be sure that there won't be any repercussions, and that we won't bring any shit down on the club."

I nodded. I totally got it. I didn't know who these guys were she that was running from, what they were capable of doing, how powerful they were. I just knew the sort of sick shit they were involved with, and I knew they had to be wiped out.

"I think that they're human traffickers," I told him, watching for a reaction from him. "They were holding her there against her will, with some other girls and hired them out to people, like forced prostitution, or something."

"How did they get her?" Beast asked.

"Her mother sold her, because she owed them." I had a sudden idea, and decided to explain about the drugs, hoping that it might help to persuade Beast into agreeing to help Jenna, tempting him with the possibility of wiping out the competition.

Then, it occured to me that the drugs and shit the Specters distributed could even come from Lucas. I didn't know the ins and ojts of the club. They had all sorts of connections, and, if they were associated with him, then they'd probably already know about the human trafficking, and would just as quickly take Jenna back.

But he knew who she was, there was no denying it. He'd known that I didn't want to see him about the work we were doing on his bike. Why else would he have guessed what I wanted to see him about? If they were going to take her back, they'd had plenty of chances to. 

Half of the Specters had families themselves; wives, girlfriends, daughters, sisters.  I just couldn't see them involving themselves in something like that. I decided that I could trust Beast.