Fourty- Five: Moment

Katy hadn't been joking when she told me that there was a huge turn out.  There must have been hundreds of people there, not only locals, but people from all around.  I recognised a few guys wearing the Devil's Riders patch, as well as a few other club patches.

Katy was seated at a table we'd set up that morning, at the front gate, taking donations as people continued to line up.

When we got to the front of the line, I handed Katy a twenty, winking at Jenna, who smiled back, and fished out a fifty dollar note.

"You lame-os realise that you only have to rate each other out of ten, right?"  She smirked, leaning her elbows on the table, her fingers clasped together.

"It's for a good cause," Jenna smiled, then took my hand, leading me through, waving to Katy as we went.

"Am I really worth fifty dollars?"  I teased, raising an eyebrow at her, and she smiled shyly, glancing around, then pulled me aside, beneath the shade of a tree growing beside the footpath.

"I rated every part of you," she said, shrugging to try and hide her embarrassment.  "Honestly, I think you're perfect, inside and out, but there isn't enough money in the world to show how much I actually appreciate having you in mine."

She glanced away, shifting her weight from one foot to the other.

"Ace, you mean more to me than you could possibly understand."

I bit my lip, trying to stop the shit eating grin spreading across my face.  I was lost for words, and I stuttered as I searched for what I wanted to say.

She saved me from having to reply, though.  She stood on her toes, pressing her hand over my heart to steady herself as she brushed her mouth over mine, smiling shyly.  I grabbed her around the waist, not caring that we were out in public, surrounded by people, and crushed her body to mine, kissing her back, with everything I felt for her.

She seemed flustered as I finally let her go, her eyes sparkling as she giggled, glancing around sheepishly, and I knew that I didn't have to say anything.  She understood, perfectly, what I couldn't put into words.

"Alright!"  I heard someone cheer, recognising Clyde's voice, and turned to see him and Bonnie grinning at us.  "Looks like Holly might end up with a little friend, after all."

Bonnie and I both laughed, while Jenna covered her face with her hands, groaning.

"Really, guys?" She complained, glaring at them, "I thought you disappeared."

"We did," Clyde said, tilting his head in Bonnie's direction, shifting Holly's capsule to his other hand.  "But I had to drag her away before she hijacked that sexy black impala, over there."

"Why won't you buy me a car like that?"  She complained, her eyes wide and pleading.

"We have a Mustang," he cried out incredulously.  "And it wasn't fucking cheap, either."

I glanced at Jenna and she rolled her eyes, leaning her head against me as I put my arm around her shoulders.

"What sort of car do I have to buy to impress you?"  I teased, but Jenna shrugged, smiling.

"I think I like your Harley," she said thoughtfully.  "I like riding it, with you."

Clyde was about to say something, but Bonnie quickly cut him off.

"Don't say it," she said firmly.  "You're ruining their moment."

"How did you know that I was gonna say anything?"  Clyde complained as Bonnie dragged him a short distance away again, and I turned back to Jenna.