Thirty- Seven: Cards

I knew better than to fight, but I did anyway as they dragged me from the van and pushed me toward the warehouse.  I gazed around in terror, realizing that I recognised some of the faces of the men posted around the building.  Lucas' men.

After everything I'd done to escape, I was back.

I fought down the panic and the urge to turn and run, not that I'd get far, and reluctantly followed, stumbling as they shoved me roughly along

"In that room, with the other one," Dominic ordered, and I was pushed toward a tiny room, the door held shut where an iron bar was jammed through the steel handle.

One man pulled the bar back throigh, and opened the door, while another shoved me through, two more following after me, holding back the person already in there as she screamed and flung herself savagely at us.

Another man threaded a heavy chain through the cuffs around my wrists, chaining me to the wall with a huge padlock before the three of them left, slamming the door behind them.

"Jenna?"

I turned toward the other person, reeling back in horror as I recognised Bonnie.  She was bruised and battered, both her eyes black and puffy, her lip split and a small cut through her eyebrow.  Her silky black hair was tangled, matted to the side of her head with dried blood and my breath caught as a sob escaped me.

"How long have I been here?"  She asked, her voice dry and flat.

"This is the second night," I told her, and she squeezed her bruised eyes shut, tears slipping down her battered cheeks.

"I want to see Clyde," she sobbed, then began thrashing her arms, trying to tear herself free from the chains binding her wrists together, screaming, "they said they'd fucking kill him."

"Clyde is fine," I tried to assure her, but Bonnie was hysterical, and didn't hear a single word.

I lost track of how long Bonnie raged for, but, eventually, two men came in, closing the door behind them, and I cowered away from them, in the corner of the tiny room.

One grabbed her chains and yanked her to her knees and the other one slapped her sharply across the face.

"Shut the fuck up, you stupid little bitch," he hissed at her.

Grimacing, Bonnie climbed to her feet, and both men stood back, sneering at her

I cringed away from them, wrapping my arms around myself to try and appear smaller, hoping, by some miracle, that they wouldn't notice me, but their attention was fixed on Bonnie, their eyes roaming all over her body, her skin exposed in the places her clothes were torn.  She didn't shrink away from them, she stood defiantly, her arms in front of her and her chin held high.

"What about that one?" The blonde man asked his companion, nodding at Bonnie.

"What about me?" Bonnie demanded, her voice husky and raw from screaming, and I winced.

"You a virgin, pretty thing?"  the other man, with the small scar across his jaw, asked her, smirking.

"She isn't," the blonde one said, laughing.  "Look at her.  As if she would be."

"There's a way we can find out," Scar Face smirked.  "I'm going first, this time."

He advanced on Bonnie who held up her arms, but, still, she didn't back down.

"You touch me," she told them firmly, "you fucking die.  Understand?"

Both men ignored her, and the blonde made to grab her, but Bonnie swung at him, her fist connecting, and he stumbled away from her, clutching at his nose.

"Fucking bitch," he yelled, and Scar Face went for her again, fending her off and wrestled her to the ground on her back.  Bonnie was yelling and kicking at them as one pinned her arms above her head and the other started pulling at her jeans, discarding them behind him as he pinned her to the ground with his body.

I looked away, squeezing my eyes shut and slid down the wall, sobbing.  It's not like I'd never seen this happen before, but it was always just as awful to watch as any other time, and there was nothing I could do to make it stop.

Then, suddenly, I heard the sound of metal scraping across metal, and the door dragged across the floor as a fifth person entered the tiny room.

"That's enough," I heard a sharp voice snap, and both men stopped fighting with Bonnie. 

The blonde one climbed off her, pulling on his own pants properly again, quickly doing up the zipper, and Bonnie climbed to her feet as well, lunging at him once more.

Scar Face threw her to the ground, and Bonnie cried out as the blonde landed a sharp kick to her ribs.

"Enough," Lucas yelled, and they both quickly backed away from her as he approached.  "You break it, you buy it, you know the rules."

We all knew the rules.  If they damaged any of us, or killed us, they were in Lucas' pocket for life, but no one would ever find the body of the girl they broke.

Lucas pulled Bonnie back up again, and she thrashed her arms, kicking him away.

He stood back, smirking, admiring her, then nodded.

"Well, aren't you beautiful?" he said with satisfaction.  "I'd keep you for myself, but I think I could retire early, with the money you'd bring in."

Bonnie spat, right in Lucas' face, and I gasped, cringing away, once more.  Even the two men tensed, backing up against the wall.

Lucas smiled coldly, wiping away Bonnie's spit, then licked it from his palm, smirking at her look of disgust.

"I have some clients who like their girls defiant.  I think they'll kike you."  He turned to me, his eyes roaming over my body hungrily.  "Just like you used to be, Amelia."

I squeezed my eyes shut, trying not to whimper as he carressed my face, his touch soft, but I knew better that anyone how cruel he could be.

"You won't ever leave me again, will you, my beautiful little Amelia?"

I shuddered as he gripped my chin, jerking my face up toward his, staring down, his eyes hard.

"Let her go, you fucking animal," Bonnie yelled, and Lucas rounded on her, slapping her, ignoring her as she fell.

"They always start out so defiant," Lucas laughed to the others, rubbing his clean shaven chin thoughtfully.  "It never takes them long to break, though."

"Can we have her?"  The blonde asked hopefully, but Lucas shook his head.

"Not this one," he told them firmly.  "You can play with her, but humour her.  If she fights, let her win." 

Lucas looked pointedly at them both.  Neither of them looked pleased, but nodded anyway. 

"I don't want her spirit broken.  Not yet, at least."

"Bitch won't walk without beeding for a week, when I'm done with her," Scar Face sneered.

"I'm a woman, it happens every god damn month," Bonnie snapped.  "And, I'm married to a guy who's hung like a fucking horse, do you think I'm scared of your pathetic little dick?"

Both men smirked at her, but otherwise said nothing, following Lucas from the room.

Before closing the door, he turned back.

"The two of you play your cards right," he said, "I might just let you see your boyfriends one last time before I bury them both."

Bonnie made a choking noise as he slammed the door, the sound of the metal bar sliding back into place tearing through the silence that followed.

"He wouldn't," she breathed, looking stricken.

"It's going to be okay," I told her, just as much to assure myself than anything.  "They're coming for us.  We've still got an Ace up our sleeve."