Seven: Business

The Queen had made an appearance, greeting each group she went by, including us. Debbie was Beast's old lady, but it wasn't hard to see why everyone referred to her as the Queen, or Mum. She commanded an air of authority where ever she went, and everyone loved and worshipped her.

"We need to talk," she said to Beast, in a low voice not meant for us to hear.

She brushed her hand over my head in that motherly way of hers and smiled, but I saw the concern in her eyes and frowned.

"Alright, woman," Beast grunted, climbing to his feet and clapped me on the shoulder. Then, they disappeared into the meeting room.

Club business, I figured. Figures, liabilities, nothing to do with me.

I turned back to my friends and tuned into the conversation once more.

The three of us spent the next hour mingling with everyone, talking shit, as usual. I told Clyde about Beast wanting some work done, which he agreed to enthusiastically, and Bonnie was doing some sketches of the design Kelly was hoping to have done.

I was watching the precise strokes of her pencil, when she stopped, dropping it onto the page, and I looked up to see what had caught her attention. I followed her gaze across the room, in the opposite direction Beast and Debbie had disappeared, toward the doorway which lead to the small club rooms.

"Is that..."

It took me a moment to figure out who she was referring to, but then, I recognised the wavy blonde hair and sad green eyes as they stared at the ground, avoiding looking at anyone and everyone.

"Ooh, yeah, it is."

Jenna was following Boomer, one of the Specters, from one of the rooms, her clothes rumpled and her hair a tousled mess. She had her arms folded around her skinny body, eyes focused on the ground just like last night.

Boomer slipped her a fifty dollar note, barely sparing her a glance as she quickly took it without taking her eyes from the floor, then she hurried outside.

"Fucking bitch," Bonnie growled and jumped up from the stool, shoving it back with so much force that it nearly toppled over. Then, she stormed after Jenna.

I exchanged a glance with Clyde, who sighed dramatically, resting his chin on his fist.

"Should I go and stop her?" He wondered, staring after Bonnie.

"Probably should, if you don't want her to go to jail for strangling that chick to death," I pointed out.

"Good point," he agreed, and the two of us got up to go and break up the fight I was sure was about to take place.

We had to push our way through the crowd that had gathered out the front, egging on an enraged Bonnie, who had the other girl pinned beneath her, already beating the shit out of her.

Jenna was screaming and begging, trying to fend off the blows, but other than that, she did nothing to defend herself. It took both me and Clyde to drag Bonnie off her.

"Alright, darlin', she's had enough," I told her, catching her around the waist as she broke away from us again.

"Babe, calm the fuck down," Clyde laughed as he effortlessly tossed her over his shoulder, glancing at me. "I fucking love this woman."

He took her, kicking and screaming, back inside again, away from Jenna who was curled up on the ground still, crying as she tried to wipe the blood from her face.

Everyone had moved away once Debbie emerged, dragging Jenna up from the ground, ushering her inside as well, down the back, into one of the other rooms and away from Bonnie's glares. I followed them inside, too.