Twenty- Seven: The Gypsy

It was sweet relief when I finally saw the clubhouse, hoping to god I'd never have to deliver another package like that for Beast again.

There were more bikes parked out the front than usual, and a couple of cars, as well. 

They must have a meeting or something going on.

Katy and Amity were sitting in two deck chairs as I approached, sharing a cigarette, and I waved to them.

Katy jumped up, and bounced over to me, her purple doc martins crunching over the gravel.

"Hey, Acey," she called, shoving her hands into the back pockets of her frayed denim shorts.  "What's doing?"

I shrugged.

"Just come to see Beast about something," I told her.

"Ah, yeah," she answered, nodding.  "He's at the table."

So there was a meeting, that meant.  I wondered how long I'd have to wait till it was over.

"I think there's something big going down," she continued, rolling up the long sleeves of the studded leather punk jacket she was wearing.  "Jack hasn't been home much and Beast keeps disappearing on these long ass trips."

She shrugged again, then tilted her head.

"Kind of started around the same time as your girl, Jenna, turned up."

She raised a peirced eyebrow, chewing on one of the five rings in her bottom lip.

Katy came across as pretty ditzy sometimes, but she was a lot more switched on than people gave her credit for.  She knew something was up, and she thought I had something to do with it.  The only thing was, I didn't know for sure if I even did.

Asking for that favour for Jenna might have just coincided with something bigger going on with the Specters, but, at the same time, Beast had already known about Jenna, and Lucas when I brought it to him.

Katy shrugged again, flashing me a smile.

"Who knows, hey?" She said, punching my arm.  "Are you here to see your dad?"

"Axe?"  I said, frowning.

"Yeah," she nodded.  "He's here, with Marcus.  Are they trying to fix things now that Axe is home, or something?"

"Not that I know of," I answered, glancing toward the clubhouse, eager to see for myself that Axe and Marcus were there.  "I'll find out."

"Okie dokie, sweetie pie," she grinned, and went back to join Amity again.

The club house was surprisingly empty, only a few people about, friends or family members, not official members of the club.  I found Jenna straight away, talking with a few other girls.  Her face seemed to light up as I caught her eye across the room, and she gave me a shy smile before excusing herself and came toward me.

"Did everything go okay?"  She asked quietly, looking relieved when I nodded.

"Everything should be in motion, soon," I promised her.

She bit her lip, ducking her head as she tried to hide her smile.

We hung around for a while, waiting for Beast.  Amity and Katy had come back inside and had joined us.  Then, the door to the office opened, and anyone who wore the Specters' patch reemerged.  Including Marcus and Axe.

I glanced at Katy who gave me a knowing look as the two of them dissapeared outside, not even noticing me standing off the the side of the club.

Beast, however, locked eyes with me the minute he left the office they'd all come out of, and motioned with a jerk of his chin for me to join him.