Nine: Cold

It had been two days since we ran into Jenna at the Specter's clubhouse.  I was back at the shop, and had all but forgotten about her, being completely consumed with our work, especially our new project, which Clyde and I were currently staring at in awe.

"I'm gonna say it, because I know you're thinking it, too," Clyde said as we stood back and admired the 1980 model Harley Davidson wide glide that Beast had brought in this morning  "I have the biggest boner, right now.  I am actually so turned on by this thing."

"I don't even want to touch it," I agreed.  "I'm just... I'm not worthy."

"She's so beautiful," Clyde was just about drooling.  "Dude, if Bonnie was a bike, she'd look like this."

"You have the lamest crush on her," I laughed.  "Aren't you two meant to be married, already.

"Shut up," he retorted.  "I'm aloud to still think she's hot."

"You're fucked in the head," I laughed.  

"No seriously," he insisted.  "I'll be picturing this baby next time we're getting it on-"

"For fuck sake, I don't want to know," I groaned, and punched him in the arm.  "Come on, let's see what we're working with."

The engine was in bad shape, the paint work was badly scratched up and the fuel tank had some dings in it.  Clyde and I were going to rebuild the engine, while Marcus polished out the dents and touched up the paint job.  

Instead of repainting the red and orange flames up the side, Beast wanted the Specter's logo instead; a shadowy ghost like figure being consumed by flames.  I couldn't wait to see how it turned out.

We made a list of different parts in the engine we'd need to replace, and Clyde disappeared into the office where we had the computer to see if he could source them online.  While he did that, I found a clean rag and began cleaning off some of the dirt and grease.

It was quiet, in the garage, now that I was alone.  Usually, one of us would put some music on to keep us company, but today, I was too focused on the wide glide, so much that, at first, I didn't hear the sounds from the side of the garage.  At first, I figured that it must have been a stray cat or something, lurking around, looking for mice, but the sounds became too consistent, and I realised that whatever was down there was a lot bigger than a cat.

Probably some kid messing around.

Just in case it wasn't, I grabbed one of the bigass socket wrenches from the work bench and went outside to check it out.

It took me a moment to spot anything among the jumbled mess of random junk, and I couldn't hide my surprise when I made out the wavy blonde hair and sad green eyes of the girl I was half hoping to never see again.

She was watching me watching her, trying to make herself look smaller, her eyes pleading with me, wide and frightened.

"What are you doing?"  I asked, irritated by the way she flinched when I spoke.

"Please," she begged, her voice barely above a whisper.  "Don't let them find me."

I frowned, glancing over my shoulder, trying to work out who she was hiding from, why she was so freaked out, but I saw nothing.

"They're in the black car," she whispered.

"Stay there," I told her, and made my way back to the shop.

Clyde wasn't in the back office anymore.  The computer was still on, open to a page with different motorbike parts.  I could hear voices coming from the front reception, and I made my way through the door, where I found Clyde.