Thirty- Six: Arsenal

"Fuck!"  I yelled, watching the van driving away, back the way it came, the sounds of Jenna's screams fading into the distance along with the rumble of the engine.  "Fuck."

"We got this man," Clyde said calmly, where he was still kneeling on the ground, a small puddle of blood beginning to pool in front of him where it dripped from his nose. "There's one road out of here, and we've got a bunch of pissed of Specters at the end of it, waiting for those mother fuckers."

Clyde wasn't in good shape, I'd never seen him so beat up before, but then, the odds had never been so against us. I began to panic.

"Fuck, come on, man," I told him, dragging him up to his feet, stumbling slightly as I took the majority of his weight, "lets get you home."

I helped him to the car, taking the keys, and gunned the engine, spitting gravel as I did a U- turn, and started the trip back to the Specters' clubhouse.

There weren't many there, mostly just the girls, along with Debbie, which meant everyone was either watching the warehouse, trailing the van they'd taken Jenna in, or whatever else Beast had instructed to do to get our plan in motion.  Normally, it would seem eerily quiet, without everyone here, but this time, I felt almost comforted by their absence.  It meant the plan hadn't failed.

I parked as close as I could to the front entrance, and helped Clyde from the car.

"I'm fine," he insisted, waving me away.  "I haven't felt this good since I met Bonnie."

I ignored him.  I didn't even want to know what the hell he was talking about.

"You're barely concious, dickhead," I grunted, shoving the door open with my foot.  "You can't even walk in a straight line."

Katy was the first one there, slipping under Clyde's other arm, taking some of his weight, and we took him through to the rooms in the back, sitting him on the bed in one of them.

Debbie was right behind us, grabbing Clyde's bloody chin, examining the damage to his face.

"Katy," she said, "grab the first aid kit, will you?"

"Yes, mum," Katy replied, and scampered off, the sound of her doc martins thumping down the hallway.

"Ace," she said, turning to me, "what the hell happened?"

I explained to her about meeting with Dominic, how they surrounded us and took Jenna, without returning Bonnie.

"Lucas didn't even make an appearance," I told her.  "And he's going to sell Bonnie."

"Like fucking hell he is!" Clyde growled through clenched teeth, just as Katy returned.

Debbie began cleaning him up while Katy and I hovered around.  She confirmed there was nothing broken, miraculously, all his ribs were intact, and he wasn't concussed, somehow.

"Must have a pretty thick skull," Katy teased, though, she still looked troubled.

She helped the Queen to clean up, ushering me and Clyde from the room to meet with Beast once more.  He was no where as sympathetic to Clyde as his wife had been, raising an eyebrow when he saw him.

"What happened to you, Bastard?"  He asked, barely sparing me a glance.

"What do you think happened?"  He replied, surprising me when he didn't have some smartass comeback.

Beast gave him a dismissive look and turned to me.

"And Bonnie obviously wasn't there?"

"Well, we didn't leave her in the car with a fucking window down, in case it was too hot-"