three - good influence

^^who i imagine as charlie

I woke up considerably late today, rushing to throw on clean clothes, not caring if they looked awful together. I brushed my teeth while shoving my left foot into my UGG boots and running to the bathroom, spitting out excess toothpaste.

"Sammie let's go!" My mother hollered from down the stairs.

I grabbed my bag from off the chair in my room and ran down the stairs, almost tripping on the way down. My mother stood by the door sipping her coffee while handing me mine.

"Wake up earlier next time," she muttered, slamming the front door behind us and locking it.

"It's not my fault my alarm clock didn't go off."

"Did you even set it?" She asked, buzzing out of the driveway and rushing me to school.

"I'm not sure..." I said lowly.

I could practically hear her eyes roll as she drove even quicker to the school. I had about four minutes left before the first bell rang and my first period teacher was a real bitch about tardiness. I sat in my seat, jumping my leg up and down in anxiousness, as well as playing with the hem of my shirt.

She pulled up with two minutes to spare. I gave her a quick kiss goodbye and ran up to the building and down the hallway, to my first class, not even bothering with stopping at my locker.

-

As the tip of my shoe entered the doorframe, the infamous sound of the school-bell rung throughout the school. I let out a sigh of relief and sat down in my seat.

"You're a bit late," someone muttered from behind me as the teacher began the lesson.

I looked behind me and saw Charlie giving me a small smile. I blushed slightly at him and whispered back, "Didn't set my alarm."

"Classic excuse."

I giggled at him and turned back around in my seat, not wanting to get called out for talking in class.

"Do you even know what this is all about?" He spoke again, his foot beginning to tap the bottom of my chair.

"I thought you were smart."

"That's what I want people to think," he shrugged, sending me a wink. I giggled – again – at his statement, getting a shush from the teacher. I turned around sheepishly in my seat, Charlie's incessant foot tapping still at the bottom of the chair.

The teacher went on with the lesson before stopping to hand out a worksheet for the rest of the class. We were about thirty-five minutes in, only fifteen left. I let out a sigh as I finished the last question on the worksheet.

"Pst," Charlie whispered from behind me. I turned around to see he had barely got one question done. He smiled sheepishly at me and I knew that meant he wanted my answers. I rolled my eyes and handed him my worksheet, only to be stopped in the process.

"Talking and sharing answers? I see Charles isn't a good influence on you Miss. Laughlin," Mrs. Kyle stood before me, arms crossed over her chest.

"Uh... no he's fine. Just asked me a question is all," I lied.

"Yes, clearly the question "Can I copy off of you?". Do you think I was born yesterday? Hand me your papers, you both have lunch detention today." She held her hands out, so I obliged and handed her my worksheet.

"Detention!" I gasped in shock. I must've looked like a  deer in the headlights as I heard her news. I couldn't possibly get a detention! Mother would not be happy.