thirtyone - cheater

(sorry this is so freaking late! don't forget to vote!)

     The ride to this place was a good forty-five minutes out of town. We had went through two other towns just to end up where we were. This completely tossed any ideas of where we were going out of my mind.

      Luke pulled into a parking lot of a pretty big building. A couple of cars were parked sparsely around the parking lot, me assuming not a lot of people came here.

      "Any guesses?" Luke questioned, opening my door for me. I shook my head at him, this building not ringing a bell in my head.

     He gestured for me to follow him inside. It seemed even bigger than it did on the outside. We stood in a foyer, waiting for someone to appear behind the front desk. There were glass doors to the right of the desk that lead into a hallway, which had more glass doors. And there were glass doors to the left that led into a big open space with a bunch of what seemed like obstacles.

     A guy came from the doors on right and walked behind the desk to greet us.

     "Luke, hey! Haven't seen you in here since you quit." Luke and the guy bumped fists, Luke greeting him as well.

     "How many people are here today?" Luke asked.

     "Only a few. But you know Saturday's are usually the most packed days. What can I do for you?"

     "Can we get the gym to ourselves?" Like pointed between us two, the guys eyes widening as he noticed me standing there. I'm hurt.

      "Dude, who's the girl?" He smirked, patting Luke on the shoulder.

      "This is Sammie, my date" Luke smiled down at me.

      "You're taking a girl paint balling on a date? You got some balls man."

     "Shut up, Paul," Luke rolled his eyes. "How much longer until the last leave?"

     "About ten minutes. You can get the gym for an hour. But while you wait you guys can go get ready. I'm sure you remember the way," Paul motioned towards the glass doors on the right. Luke nodded his head and grabbed my hand and pulled me in the direction of the doors.

     "Paint ball?" I asked surprised. This is definitely not something I expected at all. "I've never done this!"

     "Don't worry, it gets easy," he reassured me, squeezing my shoulders. He pulled open a door that led us into a room full of equipment.

     "Women suits are over there in the corner, and chest plates are over here." I walked over to the corner and found my size, slipping the suit on. Luke helped me with the chest cover, tightening it so it wouldn't fall off.

     He grabbed two helmets off of hooks and grabbed a wipe and wiped down the insides three times over. He handed me mine and told me not to put it on yet.

     We walked out of the equipment room and further down the hallway. The doors at the end of the hallway were opened by someone on the other side.

Luke greeted whoever they were, making small talk as we walked down another corridor. Again those doors were opened by the same person and we walked into a big gymnasium.

"We would go outside, but it's getting dark and inside is always a lot more fun," Luke told me.

A loud buzzer emitted throughout the gymnasium, the people playing immediately stopping as their game was over. About five people were cheering while the other five were sulking in their loss. That would probably be me in a short amount of time.