twentytwo - just a friend

I felt like I was on a forever high from that night on. From what I can see, I've definitely upgraded from the boy to the man. And I wasn't complaining one bit.

     Luke had left to go back to his friends in the party, not before kissing me goodnight. Then Olivia rushed in, and started gushing over what she just saw. I tried to keep it cool, but, I mean, this is fucking heaven.

     I made Olivia promise though that she wouldn't utter a word to anyone. Because this also isn't technically legal; not for a couple more months.

     However, I wasn't and am not, going to turn into that girl that clings to anyone, or wants brag to anyone about anything. This just started, and all I could hope for was the best.

     Luke had discussed about wanting to take me out on a date later that night, when most people have dispersed from the house, and he knew he wouldn't be caught sneaking into my room at three in the morning. My eyes didn't want to rest, so I just sat there in my bed staring at my crisp white ceiling, still fantasizing over Luke's sweet lips and muscular arms.

I of course said yes, because, hello. . .

When he left I was able to get some sleep finally, and for the crazy day I had, I definitely needed some sleep. I had woke up this morning, quite early for someone falling asleep so late. It was right when I woke up, and from that point on my body didn't want to sleep any longer.

That's why I sit here in this small coffee shop, the same from two nights ago, at nine in the morning, doing any homework I would dread to do late tomorrow night.

I was always doing a new Spanish project. At least one every week. I was getting really sick of it. After being in this class for about six years now, you would think that as time went on I would get progressively better, but that just wasn't the case. I Google translated just about everything on this project. This is surprising coming from a girl like me because I try to do everything without cheating. That wasn't gonna happen here.

     I took a sip of my somewhat steaming coffee, hoping to get this over and done with. But the homework trail didn't end there, I still had just about every subject except music. Ridiculous.

     I had spent about two hours in the coffee shop alone, only a few customers coming in here and there. I made small talk with the employees but quickly went back to my everlasting work.

     I had just gotten done finishing my math homework before a presence loomed over me. I looked up and sighed heavily seeing who stood upon me.

     "Can't you ever take a hint?" I groaned, closing my laptop shut. "And how the hell did you find me?"

     "I just want to talk." Charlie sat down across from me, ignoring my second question and placed his hands on the table, intertwining them.

     "I don't remember allowing you to sit," I hinted, leaning back in my seat.

     "C'mon, Sammie," he begged. I looked around everywhere but at him, not wanting to look him in the face.

     "Sammie. . ." he dragged on, placing his hand on mine. I jerked it away quickly, sending him a harsh glare.

     "Why should I give you any time at all? Charlie, what we had was never even real. You kissed on New Year's Eve– which was our first and only date– and then that was it. We kissed here and there, but there was nothing special. I wasn't even your girlfriend. So no, I'm not gonna give you time, because you don't deserve it. I was mad when I found out what happened, but I'm not now. Now I just want you to leave me alone," I ranted. He sat there shocked, like I didn't have it in me to say what I did.