twentyone - little girl

We skipped the rest of school, not a single thought in our mind to go back. Lillian and Olivia stayed at my house for more hours then I can remember.

     It was nice laughing and joking with my best friends. Every teenager deserves that once in a while to forget about all that's holding them down. We even went as far as to put our phones in a separate place from us to get the full effect.

That was until my brother and Luke came back, bringing along just about everyone person that would be in a phonebook. Oh how I complained for him to keep his friends in check while we sat upstairs, of course he didn't listen. Blew me off saying 'Not my fault I just have more friends than you.' And was I offended.

Kidding, I know I'm a loner at heart.

     But right around when the clock struck five, Lillian had to head home and face her parents. She resented at first, but pushed herself out of my house and to her own. Olivia stayed back though, not having much to do for a Friday night.

     She flopped on her back onto my bad, letting out an exasperated sigh. "Why isn't there anywhere fun for us teenagers to go?"

"Beats me," I shrugged, lying down next to her.

"Fifty, sixty years ago, they had drive-in movie theaters, which are a lot more fun then today's regular old movie theater. Had diners that everyone hung out in. It was just a better time then," she ranted, closing her eyes, probably picturing her words in her head.

"Are you referring to Grease?" I laughed.

She laughed too, nodding her head.

"Can we go see what they're doing downstairs? I hear some bumping music." She looked at me with her best puppy dog eyes, pouting her lips.

I rolled my eyes and got up from my position. She cheered from behind me. We walked downstairs to a whole house full of frat guys, and an occasional girl. I widened my eyes at the mess that lay before me, not knowing what at all to think. But my main concern was:

     Since when did Fran Laughlin allow this?

     I grabbed ahold of Olivia's hand and dragged her all around the house to find my immature brother. Like, this isn't some frat house, this is actually a house where people live. Me specifically. And I wasn't going to let this just happen right under my nose.

     We finally caught sight of him on the back porch, over looking the backyard where beer pong and other various games were being held.

"Harry, what the hell were you thinking?" I scolded, crossing my arms in front of my chest. Olivia mimicked me, trying to seem intimidating.

He rolled his eyes, ignoring my statement.

"Excuse me!" I shouted in his ear. He retracted immediately, clutching his in ear in pain.

"Sammie, what the hell?!" He snapped back.

"You ignored my question."

"Because it was stupid."

"Well maybe you're just stupid."

"What're you, five?" He scoffed.

     I chose to ignore his statement, continuing on with my complaints. "When did Mom agree to this?"

     "She didn't. But she's not gonna be home until tomorrow," he said smirking in the process. I wanted to throw up.

That's when Luke showed up, him and Harry exchanging a handshake of sorts. He noticed us two standing a few feet over and nodded in his head in a greet.