nine - class clown

(btw this is actually chapter nine, i by accident named chapter eight, nine, but thank you to the reader that caught my mistake :) also excuse any grammatical errors ty)

I slammed my locker shut in exasperation. My day was going by much slower than I would like for it to be.

Not that it's important, but this holiday break has changed people drastically for that one week. Some guys completely shaved their full heads of hair for reasons I don't know, girls flaunting their stuff so much more it's actually like why don't they just show up to school naked.

It seems that me and Lillian are the only sane ones anymore.

"Sammie! You will not believe what news I just heard!" Lillian screeched excitedly as she approached me in the hallway. Scratch that, I'm the only sane one.

"What news did you just hear?"

"Calum got switched into our Spanish class!" She squealed, a bright smile plastered on her face.

"Well isn't that just fantastic."

"Your sarcasm is not wanted."

"I actually wasn't being sarcastic."

"Well, that's a surprise." She looked at me impressed as we walked side by side to the infamous Spanish class.

"I think it's great actually. We can start talking about how to set you two onto your path of success," I beamed, nudging her in the shoulder.

"You're lucky you're holding your books, otherwise I may have shoved you into a locker."

I rolled my eyes at her statement as we stepped through the doorway into our third period class.

"Speaking of relationships, you tell me you had this magical night with prince charming, and yet I don't think I've seen you speak of or with him since," Lillian inquired as she sat down in her seat.

"Well, we do talk; just not in your vision," I shrugged, taking out my notes.

"Bull-to-the-crap!"

"Lil, pipe down!" I hissed at her. I smiled softly at lingering eyes out way.

"Why don't you ask him out next. Y'know break the rules, fight for women's rights." She pumped her fist in a prideful way.

"Pretty sure that's not how it works."

"Okay, well break tradition."

"I'm a traditionalist."

"Well, how about stop being a stubborn bitch?"

"Can't, it's in my nature." I sent her a sympathetic smile turning to the front board as the teacher began to write down notes.

"So you're telling me, you share this magical moment and you want to do nothing about it?" She asked appalled at my way of going about things. I mean, listen, it's not that I don't want Charlie in my life, because after that night what I felt for him truly made its way to the surface of my brain, but relationships are not what're on my mind. Don't get me wrong, dating someone would be oh so lovely, but I don't know, I feel like now is just not the right time.

"Lillian, I just don't know if I'm ready for a relationship right now. Exams are coming up in a few weeks, so my mind is already preoccupied and plus the last time I had a boyfriend was in what? Sixth grade? I hardly know how the whole dating thing works," I whispered to her while our teacher droned on about our Spanish work.

"I get that, but you have to start somewhere right? Just don't give up now," she pleaded with me. With that she shut up and left me to my own thoughts.