twentysix - up in my business

When I had gotten home that night after the encounter with Luke and Ashton, the house held a different atmosphere. Like unbearable tension, suffocating tension. I could hear my brother was home, but didn't come down to even bother with me or my mom. Like usual, he seemed in an angry mood. But I don't know, tonight, it seemed more detrimental.

     The next morning when I woke up for school I saw that Harry's car was already gone, which was odd considering he sleeps in until his classes start in about two hours.

     I did more daily routine and stepped down the stairs carefully, going to the kitchen to get an apple for breakfast.

     "Good morning, sweetheart," my mom smiled from her cup of coffee.

     "Hi, Mom. Where's Harry?" I questioned, sitting down on the island stool.

     "Not sure, I heard him leave quickly about fifteen minutes ago but he didn't say a word to me. Why, do you think I should be concerned?"

     I shook my head, not wanting her to worry. She transferred her coffee to a travel cup and hurried out to the car to get me to school.

It was a quiet ride from home to school, my mother in a very closed off mood. I bid a goodbye to her and made a beeline to my locker as quick as my crutches could take me. I was so ready to get this thing off of me. It was such a bad sprain.

I saw Olivia sitting on the floor next to my locker, smiling at me as I approached.

"Good morning," she smiled, getting up from her spot.

"Hi. No Lillian yet?" I questioned, exchanging my books.

"Well she did stop by two seconds ago and seemed really angry and upset and I tried to ask her what's wrong but instead she flipped me off and stomped in the direction of the gym," Olivia told, walking with me to our first periods. She grabbed my bag from me which I was grateful for as we trekked down the desolate hallway.

I shook my head in annoyance by this, not surprised at all by her actions. The thing about Lillian is, that she was so set in her own ways, that everyone else was like dirt beneath her feet. I knew this first hand. In previous occasions, when she was upset or angry, she always took it out on me or didn't listen to what I had to say. She got over herself eventually, but it was a full cycle kind of thing. On repeat, all year.

Don't get me wrong, I love Lillian like the sister I never had, but if I could knock her head around a bit, I would.

Me and Liv parted ways two minutes later, heading to our separate destinations. I walked into history, expecting to see my friend in her usual spot but to no avail, she wasn't there. I noticed Calum however and decided to ask him if he knew anything.

"Calum," I spoke up, grabbing his attention. He rose his eyebrows in a way to ask me to keep speaking.

"Do you have any idea where Lillian is by any chance?" I asked the brunette, noticing a few of his friends snicker at her name. I gave them all a deathly glare and turned back to the boy of my attention.

"Uh, no. Haven't seen her all morning. She didn't show up to our usual spot, sorry." She sent me an apologetic look and went back to his friends. I heaved a breath and walked over to my seat.

After twenty minutes passed into the class, Lillian stumbled in a mess.

Students gave her strange looks at her appearance and attitude as she sauntered over to her seat beside me, plopped down, and propped her feet on the desk. I looked around, completely confused before turning to her.