ten - always

Sex education; one of the top priorities in this small school of mine. I mean it's not like anyone particularly listens to what these teachers have to say to us teens. Except for me of course.

I listen to every word just to benefit myself really in the future. That's a bit of a stretch, but I do listen: just only to parts I choose to listen to. I've been made fun of this by Lillian because she ditches this after school session with the whole twelfth grade each time it's announced, just to go at it with Calum. Kinda sickening, y'know.

"Sex education could probably be the most gruesome part of your whole curriculum. So for those of you who decided not to ditch this to go have unprotected sex, we appreciate it," the health teacher and nurse nodded, giving the crowd a proud smile. I'd say all in all, the total amount of us here from the five-hundred kids in my grade, would be around sixty. That may be pushing it.

If I'm honest myself I really don't know why I showed up to this. It's not like I were to be joining in on these activities, even though I have a new beau. But I'd like to actually save myself for that one who's right. Cliché I know; shoot me.

"So our first topic up for discussion: Anything sex related that is not intercourse," health teacher stated, getting his powerpoint prepared. And this would be my cue to zone out.

This whole after school class session lasted for a good hour; an hour I would never get back.

I gathered my belongings and stood up from my chair and began to exit the auditorium with the sixty other kids trailing behind me. I checked my watch and saw that it was ten past three.

Thank God, I thought I was going to miss my job interview at the music school in town. I hurried home as fast as I could to look at least decent for this interview. I've been told time and time again by various people that first impressions always are the most important. I wasn't going to show up all sweaty and out of breath now was I.

I saw no cars outside of my house so I took that as no one was home. I pulled my keys out of my bag and unlocked the front door. I quickly ran up the stairs to take a shower, and get ready and hopefully when I come back down my mother or brother would be home to take me. It sucks not being able to transport yourself places.

-

I finished placing my hair in a ponytail and glanced at the clock to see I had twenty more minutes until my interview. I rushed downstairs to greet whoever came home but saw no one. Well this is just great.

I would call Lilly but she was at her own job leaving me with no choices. Oh, duh! I can call Charlie. I quickly dialed his number, him answering on the second ring.

"Charlie, here." He started.

"Charlie, hi! You aren't busy by any chance are you?" I asked, biting at my fingernail.

"Never when it comes to you," he flirted. I blushed, thanking the lord he couldn't see me.

"Would you mind giving me a ride to my job interview? No one is home right now to do so."

"Of course. I'll be there in five," he responded, a sense of relief washing over me.

"Thank you so much. I owe you," I said.

"Nonsense. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I said no? Now hang up or you're going to kill me." I laughed at that and did as he said, hanging up. Otherwise I would never get to my interview (oh and him dying of course).