six - mistletoe

I stood there, eyes wide. He looked at me a slight smirk clear on his face as he looked up at the door frame. I didn't know whether to just go with it or to walk away as I saw him look back down at me.

"Aren't you glad we're all alone?" He stated, moving closer to me. My breath hitched in my throat as he placed one hand on my face as the other rested on my hip. I still stood frozen as he inched closer, his warm breath hitting me in the face.

"C'mon baby, can't break tradition."

And with that he leaned further down to my face before uttering, "But I think it's time for you to wake up."

"What?" I whispered, glancing into his eyes confused.

"Wake up!" He said louder now.

-

I jolted away in my bed to find my brother hovering above me, arms crossed over his chest as he gave me a look of annoyance.

"I've been trying to get you up for the past three minutes. Mom wants you downstairs to start help cleaning. Christmas is tomorrow and you know everyone comes here." He then sauntered out of my room just to go back into his room and probably back to sleep. I glanced at the clock to see it was only nine in the morning. My mother is always a holiday freak-a-holic.

"Jesus, could he be any louder?" Lillian muttered from her pillow.

"Well, it's Harry. I'm sure he could if he tried," I slightly laughed.

"I think it's my time to head out then now. We'll talk later." She got herself up from my bed and slowly collected her belongings. She sent me a small wave and a final goodbye to Harry before heading out and back home to her own family.

I finally heaved myself out of bed and went to the bathroom before making my way downstairs to see my mother already out with the vacuum.

"There you are!" She smiled, shutting off the vacuum and beginning to clean the coffee-table of the guck from people's shoes and food that's fallen onto it.

"I need you to take out the trash, clean the fridge – clean the kitchen matter of factly, and set the dining table for tomorrow. I'll inform you of anything else." She then went back to vacuuming, zoning me out and going right to her cleaning place.

I sighed in exasperation and began my chores. I took the trash out of the pale and walked outside and tossed it into the bin as quickly as possible seeing as it was freezing out in the dead of winter and I was clad in fuzzy shorts and a t-shirt.

"Jesus it's cold," I muttered to myself as I ran over to the radiator to get some warmth back into my system.

"Well who's idea was it to go outside in shorts and a t-shirt?" A voice spoke up from behind me, making me jump in the slightest. I turned around to see a shirtless Luke eating away at a bowl of 'Lucky Charms'.

"I did-didn't know it'd be that cold out," I shuttered, going even closer to the heater and trying not to gawk at his body.

"Well it is December."

"Thank you, captain obvious."

"Anytime."

And with that he sauntered off and probably back to the guest room. It's basically his room name considering he's always here and never freaking leaves.

I watched as his back muscles moved as he walked away and up the stairs. And I guess he saw me staring as he walked up because he sent a wink my way before vanishing out of my line of sight. I felt my face heat up, no thanks to the radiator. He must think I'm some creep, oh my God.