twentynine - how it's done

The ride to school was painful. Emotions were heightened for some reason, tension just building in the air. I don't know what it exactly was between us but I couldn't explain it.

A good side to come out of this though was now me and Luke have another date on Friday. He didn't want to top the other one– or have the risk of me injuring myself again– so this one would be just a casual kind of gathering. And from what I've gathered, Harry hasn't really stayed at their new place yet, so it'll probably be there, and hopefully a movie night. What's the point in going out for all dates? Nothing. Frankly, these dates are always better, in my opinion.

From that point on school was just plain old school. It was just me and Olivia again today. I guess I scared Lillian off but if she wanted to maintain this friendship, which I hope she did, she would have to get over. Life's hard, everyone already knows that. Except her I suppose, considering she's a little late on the everything sucks train.

Wanna talk about hard though? I had a surprise quiz/test in almost every class. Gym and music excluded. I just wonder how these teachers were like in school, because I'm sure they wouldn't have liked to have surprise quiz's or tests. So why give them to us?

     Olivia was going to come over later to help me get ready for tonight. And she's honestly such a funny person. She says, 'Even though, no one knows you are dating Luke, make an impression like you are to his family.' Sounds logical, but I may as well serve my head on a silver platter.

Me and Olivia sat at our usual table and complained about everything and anything there was to talk about. She too had a test or quiz in about every class. What was this, we're seniors, we needed to breathe a little.

     I saw Michael get up from his spot at his table with friends and walk over to us and sit next to Olivia.

     He passed her a water bottle then walked back over to his table without a word. Olivia giggled and opened the bottle and took a sip before squeezing her eyes shut and sticking out her tongue.

     "Uh- what're you doing?" I questioned, gesturing towards the water bottle.

     She leaned closer and looked around to see if anyone was listening. Once the coast was clear she spoke up. "I was dared to drink a bottle of vodka throughout the whole day."

     "What?!" I asked bewildered.

"What? High school is coming to an end, and seeing as I've only been here a couple months and already been through a shit ton, might as well go out with a bang," she shrug, downing the substance.

"I am not going to vouch for you when you get caught," I mentioned, shaking my head at her.

"Never asked you too." She laughed at my bored face and we went on about our day. Math was absolutely hilarious to go through. She was a wreck, slurring her words, but somehow, our teacher didn't take notice. She also reeked horribly of alcohol. Maybe because we were seniors and they didn't care about us anymore, but still it was quite astonishing.

When the last bell rang she practically screamed, scaring everyone in the class. Yes, she looked ridiculous. But again, no one seemed to pay much attention to why she was like this. On the walk to my locker she ran into trash can, like in 'Mean Girls' but she didn't fall into it, she just fell on the ground. I clutched my stomach so hard as I kept laughing. I was basically crying at the event that just happened. Olivia too was on the floor laughing hysterically. Students and teachers looked at us like we were crazy and at one point I could've sworn I saw Lillian look really upset at what she was seeing, but as tears welled up in my eyes, my vision went a bit blurry. After I helped her up, getting her out of the school was another process.