Chapter 9

I packed enough clothes for the week I was going home. I would have been more excited about going home if I was actually going home. But no, Ben intended us to follow Judy and Vanessa all the way to Burundi. Abigail did her job to convince the boarding parents that we all had permission from our parents, mysteriously all at the same time. I went to help this time because I could control people's minds as well. Being a hybrid was so good. Not only did I get stronger, stronger than Abdul might I add, but I was faster than Matt, and could also control people's minds like Abigail. What else could I do? We managed to convince them, but it was a little harder to convince the boy's boarding parent. I swear I wanted to rip his throat out at one point because he was asking so many questions. Why couldn't go, like eat or something, that's all he was good at anyways. Finally, the questions ended and we finally convinced them.

The next step was to convince the Burundi embassy to give us Visas to go to their countries. The people who were chosen to go for the mission went to the embassy together. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, the people chosen for the mission were Ben, Cody, Matt, Abdul, Kiara and I. Anyways, we walked into the embassy and sat in the long line. Ben had made weapons for us, well for the others because I don't need one, that wouldn't be detected by the metal detectors but were metal. I don't know how to explain them; only he can, seeing as how he made them. About an hour later, they finally called Cody up to the counter. After him were Ben and then I and then the others followed. After another hour, Matt finished and came to sit back with us. All we had to do now was sit and wait for the interviewers to accept each of our stories. We all gave different stories because we didn't want to draw attention to the pack by all coming together.

We waited for another thirty minutes before we finally saw someone approaching us. Ben got up and shook the man's hand. They whispered for a bit and then I saw the man look around the room, as if waiting for something, or someone. I looked around too and noticed that all the exits were blocked by large guards with big ass guns. Then others guards came out a room, with equally big guns and walked towards us in a line. They stopped moving and pointed their guns at us. I looked at the others and they hadn't noticed this. I reached towards Ben to warn him and that's when the bullets rained on us. I grabbed Ben and threw him down. I looked and saw the others ducking under their chairs. A bullet hit me in the shoulder, and then another in the stomach. I went to my knees in pain. Why do they hurt so much? I was usually nearly immune to them. I yanked the bullet out of shoulder and looked at it. That's when I noticed it was silver. This was an attack not only on us being in the building because maybe Ben's weapon disguise failed, it was an attack because we were werewolves. I looked back at the shooters just as a bullet was about to hit me. I backed up and swatted them away and went on the offense.

I ran towards the line of the shooters, moving bullets out of my way as I was running. I turned each guard against each other and then went to check on the others. I forgot to check on where the bullets that I moved went because next thing I knew, people all around the room were screaming and the smell of blood filled my nostrils. Without Vanessa here I couldn't control myself. I turned and ran right for the people that were bleeding. I started drinking the blood of a pregnant woman. Just as I was about to finish her, Ben grabbed me from behind me and threw against the wall.

"We have to go!" Cody said, pushing me against the wall with the help of Matt as I tried to push him away and go back to feeding. I pushed again, with more strength and managed to break away from them. I ran to a man who wasn't moving at all. As I bent down to drink, I felt something break over my back. I crumpled to the ground against the pressure of the hit and then rolled to the left, away from the non-moving man, just as a wooden leg of a chair stabbed the ground, where I would I been. I looked up and saw Ben, fully turned, trying to kill me. I swept my legs and tackled him to the ground. I could have easily finished him, but I wanted this to be fun, plus, who doesn't love a challenge. I flipped over and got up. I ran over to him as he got up, grabbed him by the collar, and slammed him into the ground again.