Chapter Five {Spiders}

We were all assigned to clean the dungeon. 

I moved down the long confusing passageways with Kitty, flicking off spiders and punching out webs. I was trying to stay as far away from Patrick as I could. However, he kept moving closer absentmindely. He seemed really involved in his work.

"So what should we do?" Kitty asked slyly, eying Patrick now who was chatting with Hunter.

I shooed some rats out of their coop and they ran further down the passageway. "Nothing," I managed. "I just want to get through this."

"Come on, Jamie," She cried. "Have some fun."

Well, he has made my life hell everytime I crossed paths with him. I wondered why he seemed to barely notice I was here now. Plus if Cindy wasn't so obsessed with him then maybe I wouldn't even be in this mess. This was Patrick's fault.

I gave Kitty a mischevious grin. Then I gathered all the spiders we'd cleared out. They all crawled busily on my head and I stifled giggles. 

I approached Patrick and Hunter who were talking about  an annoying teacher - then I shoved the spiders down Patrick's shirt.

He let out a yelp, jumping around and shaking rapidly. Hunter cried out too, startled by Patrick's outvurst. Kitty and I burst out laughing. Patrick looked like an idiot as he ran around, desperately trying to get the spiders out of his shirt.

Hunter pushed him on the floor, rolling him around.

"He's not on fire!" Kitty exclaimed between belly - hurting laughter.

"Whats wrong?" Hunter asked, out of breath.

Patrick just gasped, pointing out his shirt shakily. He then rolled around on the floor, his back arched as he tried to wiggle the spiders out. 

My stomach hurt from laughing and I fell to the floor, leaning against the wall. I could barely breathe. I couldn't even speak. It was so darn funny.

Finally, Patrick began to lift up into the air, pushing his legs so he flew upside down. The spiders fell out of his shirt and he sighed in relief, eyes red and scared. Then he floated safely down to the floor.

"How did you get happy thoughts from that?" I managed, still cracking up.

He narrowed his eyes. "I was thinking about how funny it'll be when I get you back."

Kitty gave me a high - five and I decided to put the worries behind me. I'd handle whatever Patrick had to throw at me later. This was the cherry on top of my day.

Hunter laughed for a long while before Patrick slapped him against the head. "Its not funny."

"Don't be such a crybaby, Patrick," I teased. "Maybe your tights are a little too tight."

"I'm not wearing tights!" He exclaimed, gesturing to his Levi jeans.

Oh....he was right. My bad.

"How could you be scared of spiders?" Kitty spat, a hint of a smile on her lips. She was probably still thinking of Patrick rolling on the floor.

"Its all from something that happened when I was five," Patrick said solemnly. "I was in Neverland with my Dad and-"

"Oh shut up," I rolled my eyes. "No one cares about the time spiders got in your mouth and you had to spit them out." Did he really think this was all about him?

"That really happened?"Hunter asked, seeming shocked.

Patrick gave a shudder. "I don't want to talk about it."

"But you were just about to tell the story!" I facepalmed myself. He was the most annoying, stupid, clueless person I knew.

"Maybe you should put your differences aside, guys," Hunter said thoughtfully. "Let bygones be bygones. Bury the hatchet or whatever."

It was silent and I actually thought Patrick was contemplating this. Maybe I was too. Maybe we were getting a little too old for this. We were in highschool now. We were fifteen for crying out loud. Maybe we both needed a breather.

Patrick held out his hand and smiled to my surprise. "I will if you're willing to."

I stared at his hand for a long moment. I couldn't believe my eyes. Then I realized everyone was staring at me.

I shook his hand. "Okay then." Maybe I looked into those greenish - brown eyes for too long.Maybe I should have been paying attention.

As soon as we shook hands, Patrick tripped me. I fell backwards, landing right in a nest of spiders.

I screamed as I felt those slimy bodies all over me. I tried to get up but it was like something was holding me down. One of them got in my face and I screamed louder, screaming for someone to help me.

A hand reached out and I grabbed for it. I was slowly eased out of the nest of spiders. Kitty and Hunter helped me to my feet.

Patrick was behind them, laughing.

However, I could still feel spiders crawling all over me. I freaked out. I ran around, shaking. I rolled on the floor too, hoping to crush them. I felt slime all over my body. I felt one in my hair. I desperately shook my hair and scratched my scalp - I felt something slimpy under my hands.

I freaked out again.

I jumped to my feet, running around again. I ran right into Kitty who pushed me back with a scream. I ran as fast as I could, still shaking my hair. I ran - right into a wall. 

Stars danced across my vision and then everything went black.

----------------

Sorry for the late update guys! Thank you for all the continuance support and I hoped you enjoyed this chapter xD