Chapter 32 {One-Shot-2}[DNA Isn't Family](Part 1)

Author's Note:

i know this doesn't include much Dantana in this but i wanted to write something that has to do with family i hope this pleases you it's kind of a sad i know but i hope you like it please comment and vote till next time =] <3

they were cuddled up together in bed, her hand around her lower waist while the other women's head laid on her chest peacefully listening to her heart beat as her eyes remained closed sleeping peacefully until..

-----

"Jesse !!" she yelled as she banged at his bedroom door.

"What ?!" Jesse yelled back sleepily just like any sixteen year old he didn't even bother to get out of bed.

"Open this damn door!!" she yelled again banging on his door harder. Jesse groaned and got out of his bed unlocking his door and opening it only for his sleepy eyes to be greeted with the eyes of his little fourteen year old sister, Scarlett.

"What do you want ?!" he yelled at her pissed, his bangs messily covering his eyes, he stood shirtless only his shorts covered his sleepy body.

"where's my phone ?!" she yelled at him.

Jesse and Scarlett normally fought, it was usually over little things but they'd always find a way to make it big. the first few years raising them was easy but when Scarlett began to talk back that's when things went rough. No matter what Dani and Santana do to help them get along they always end up fighting again, maybe it's just normal sibling rivalry but still Dani and Santana wished they would get along, now that their teenagers things are even worse. Dani and Santana are tired of it the house can never be quiet and calm for more than five minutes.

You see Scarlett was adopted ten years back when Jesse was six and Scarlett was four, Santana had found her one day siting in the far corner behind her dinner, she hide behind a dumpster running away from her abusive birth father, her birth mother died when she gave birth to her, Scarlett doesn't remember anything of it but Jesse dose.

At first Jesse always kept an eye on her, they had small fights every now and then but they'd always make up after it then suddenly one day they had this huge fight and things were never the same, Jesse had tolled Scarlett that he hated her and wished his mother never found her, she didn't quiet get what it meant but it hurt her that he had told her that he hated her even though it wasn't true, it was just rage and anger talking, Dani and Santana were never sure of what happened to them, and it killed the both of them not knowing what to do about it.

"how am i suppose to know ?! it's your phone !" he yelled back at her.

"i know you took it ! you always take my stuff!" she yelled back, he said nothing and chuckled shaking his head about to slam the door but she held it back.

"let go of the damn door!" he yelled as he tried to push the door closed.

"not until you give me my phone back !" she yelled putting all her power in pushing the door open.

Eventually all the yelling has woken up both Dani and Santana, Santana sat up right on the bed after she gently let go of Dani, Dani sat upright a few seconds after Santana did, Santana opened her lamp and sighed.

"San go to sleep i'll take care of it you have work tomorrow and it's 4am", Dani said as she got ready to get of the bed only to be stopped by Santana.

"no D it's okay i'll deal with it, i can't sleep anyway with the two of them fighting" Santana said as she got up, she wanted more than anything for them to just get along like they used to, she walked out after putting her robe on, she went to where Scarlett and Jesse were.

"let the door go Scarlett" Santana said as she pulled her away slowly, and just as she pulled her away Jesse's door shut hard, Scarlett struggled in Santana's arms just trying to get out.

"he took it ! i know he took it!" she yelled trying to get out of her mother's arms, Dani was out her bed by the time she heard the door slam and now she walked to her son's door and knocked on it.

"Jess open up come on!" she yelled as Santana slowly calmed Scarlett down, Jesse opened the door after getting a shirt on, he stood in front of his mother huffing.

"what is the fight about this time?" Dani asked looking furiously at her son.

"Don't ask me" he said "ask her!" he yelled pointing at Scarlett.

"you took it!" she yelled at him

"took what ?" Santana asked, while jesse rolled his eyes.

"i told you i did not take your stupid phone !" he yelled at his sister ignoring Santana's question.

"okay enough !!" Santana yelled angrily as she stepped in between the two of them. "enough yelling!" Santana yelled as she looked back and forth at her son and daughter she closed her eyes and sighed calming herself down as both Scarlett and Jesse glared at one another.

"did you take your sisters phone ?" Santana asked looking at her Son.

"for the millionth time i did not take her phone" Jesse said flatly as he looked into his mother's eyes.

"if you didn't take it then who did ?" Scarlett asked as she crossed her arms over her chest eyeing her brother.

"Scarly don't you think maybe you missed placed it ?" Dani said as she tried to put her hand on Scarlett's arms only for it to be snatched away.

"why do you always take his side !" she started to yell at her mother which only caused Santana to get really mad.

"Hey ! thats not the way you talk to your mother do you understand ?" Santana said as she stepped in front of her daughter, Scarlett just shook her head pissed of..

"whatever.. i'll find it on my own" she said as she started to leave to her room.

"come back here young lady !" Santana yelled as she pulled her daughter back.

"Jesse sweetheart you can go back to your room" Dani whispered quietly to her son as he nodded and entered his room, Scarlett saw it from the corner of her eyes and she couldn't help but feel hurt..why did they always take his side she thought to herself..

"this attitude of yours needs to change" Santana said looking directly at her daughter "apologise to your mother now" Santana said as she pointed at Dani, Scarlett didn't do as she was tolled instead she looked at the floor biting her lower lip keeping her tears in check, she just hoped she could hold herself long enough to not cry in front of her mothers, it's been forever since she's cried in front of anyone, Dani looked down feeling a little hurt as well normally she would apologise why wasn't she now.

"Apologise now Scarlett!" Santana said a little more rougher than the first time.

"San let it go.. let's just go to bed.." Dani said as she placed her arms on Santana's shoulder trying to calm her down.. Dani saw the way her daughter was feeling..and she didn't wanna make her feel more hurt.

"no not until she apologises to you" Santana said still keeping her eye on Scarlett.

"i'm sorry..mom" Scarlett said so softly you could barley hear it..Dani smiled sadly then placed her hand on Scarlett's cheek, Scarlett fought hard to stop the temptation of just breaking down and crying right now.

"it's okay hun just go sleep.." Dani said softly as Scarlett nodded..

"were not done talking" Santana said as Scarlett looked up at her she said nothing and nodded again then made her way to her room, Santana sighed, she hated whenever she had to yell but it felt like the only way to fix things.

"come on babe lets go to bed.." Dani said so softly as she took her wife's hand and pulled her to their room again.

"what has gotten into Scarlett.." Santana said sadly sighing as she sat on the edge of the bed.

"i'm not sure San, but you should try to be a little less rough with her okay.." Dani said as she walked closer to Santana, who chuckled sarcastically.

"i've been soft with her but she just keeps getting more harder to handle.." Santana said ..

Scarlett didn't actually leave for her room, she walked back out when Dani and Santana entered their room, she kept looking for her phone, she walked past her parents room and sat there in the corner listening to their private conversation quietly as she bite her lip tears falling from her eyes..

"San she's a fourteen year old girl who was once abused by her father and lived without a mother for four years..." Dani said reminding her wife of what Scarlett had gone through...only little did she know that Scarlett was listening.. Scarlett gasped slightly to herself..

"i know i know.." Santana said sighing as she wrapped her arms around Dani's waist.."sometimes i feel like things would've been easier if i hadn't found her.." Santana said oblivious that Scarlett was listening..her heart crashed into million pieces now things made sense to her, why she didn't look like either of them or why they always seemed to take Jesse's side..she got up and ran to her room quietly..

"San.." Dani said softly

"i shouldn't be feeling this i know...god i'm a terrible person.." Santana said looking at the floor..

"no your not.." Dani whispered as she copped Santana's cheeks lifting her head up to look her in the eyes. "your just tired.." she whispered softly again as she tucked back a strand of Santana's black hair and whispered again. "it's okay to be tired and besides if you were a terrible person you would've just left her where you found her." Dani slightly smiled when Santana managed to pull of a weak smile, Dani always made her feel good she brought out the best of her thats why she was such a good mother it was all thanks to Dani.

"thank you D" Santana said softly before pecking her wife softly.

"come on its almost 5am we have only one hour to sleep before we wake the kids up for school." Dani said as she pecked Santana one last time then went to her side of the bed and tucked herself back in the spot she was before Jesse and Scarlett fought.

------

Scarlett quietly shut her door and laid her back against it, she let her tears fall endlessly as she slid down the door and reached the floor, her face buried in her knees, Santana's words kept replaying in her head..."she keeps getting more harder to handle" ; "sometimes i feel like things would've been easier if i hadn't found her" ; then Dani's "she's a fourteen year old girl who was once abused by her father and lived without a mother for four years..." ; then her brothers from a while back "god i hate you, i wish mom never even found you.." .

Her tears kept falling as her heart shattered with each word that replayed in her head over and over and over again..., she got up from her place once she felt like there were no more tears left to be shed and pulled out three papers, "Danielle..." she wrote on one of the papers on the back, "Santana..." she wrote on another one and "Jesse" she wrote on the third one..., she tried to keep her tears in check as she wrote down endless words on each paper...she folded them and kept them on her desk, she wiped the tears that reformed on her eyes..., she quietly opened her window, she glanced one more time at her room...

"i'm so sorry...", she whispered to no one in particular as she climbed out of the window and hoped to the floor running away through the rain...

To Be Continued...