Chapter 2 - Not As I'd Expected

Two months later, after a whirlwind of things to sort, saw Lexie finally living on US soil. Lexie was nervous as all hell when she found she would be meeting her idol properly, for the first time. She arrived at the arena early, and waited patiently for Hunter as instructed by a trailer in the car park. For a while, she stood by and watched as her new colleagues came in to the arena, calling to each other, making general small talk as they went in. She stood watching 3MB and The Wyatt's throw a ball around the car park, when someone spoke to her.

"You look terrified," remarked a voice, and she wheeled round to see John Cena smiling at her from the door of his trailer.

"That's because I am." She admitted. "I worship the very ground this guy walks on. 22-0 at Wrestlemania, undefeated streak. And that's on top of what an awesome wrestler he is. And I, a newbie, a nobody, am being given the chance to work with him. You can see how much this means to me, right?" Lexie asked. John laughed, and smiled.

"On the night I debuted, after the show, everyone came over to me and congratulated me. Then they scarpered because he came over. He asked my name, and if it was my debut. I answered. He then held out a hand, and said two words. "Good Job". I could not have been any more stoked and starstruck if I tried." John smiled fondly at the memory.

"I don't think I'm fighting tonight." Lexie said. "I think I'm getting introduced, but I won't be fighting."

"You'll be great, don't worry. You got picked for a reason, remember that. Taker wouldn't agree to just anyone." John added, as a voice called over to them. It was Hunter, and he came over with a grin.

"So, Lexie, ready to meet your idol?" he asked, putting an arm round her and leading her off towards the arena.

"Ready as I'll ever be." She smiled, and after a goodbye to John, they went off. Lexie found herself introduced to everyone as she passed them, getting another knee buckling smile from Roman Reigns as he shook her hand. Summer Rae was less than welcoming, and Lexie wondered if it was because she was the new girl now. Paige, on the other hand, was ecstatic to have another Brit on the roster.

"We are going to get on like a house on fire, you wait and see," She smiled as Lexie shook her hand.

Finally, they reached a door. Lexie felt her stomach drop when she read the words "The Undertaker" on the door sign.

"It's ok, you have nothing to worry about. He won't bite." Hunter said, noticing Lexie was shaking. He knocked the door, and walked off. A voice yelled to come in, and she reached a shaking hand to open the door. Had she looked back, she would have seen the eyes of several stars on her as she went inside.

"Poor girl has no idea what he has in store for her." Bray Wyatt said, shaking his head.

"I don't think he'll ever let her know, either." Said Adam Rose, as the door clicked shut.

Lexie looked at the floor as she came in, not feeling confident enough to look up at the man sat casually in a chair in front of her. Leaning on his elbow, the same arm supporting his head, he watched as she came slowly in, and stop at a comfortable distance from him. He slowly took a drink of water. He looked at her as she stood in the middle of the room, her eyes avoiding looking at him. He watched as she wiped her hands on her t-shirt, and realised she was shaking. He stood up.

"What's the matter, girl?" he asked. "Cat got your tongue?"

"No Sir," She said, but still didn't make eye contact. Undertaker almost laughed. The girl was clearly terrified, and nervous. He walked around her, looking her up and down, talking as he did so.

"I am going to assume by the tattoo on your arm you know who I am. Which also means you know what I've done, and to whom. I am in no mood to waste my days on some silly child with a foolish dream. Are we clear?"