Chapter 17 - Back Home

The problem, he realised, with needing to get her to the European tour by herself, was that the pair of them onscreen were supposed to be everywhere together. He needed a reason, something that he could send her away for. Then not long before the tour, he had an idea. He set her up a match with Primo, knowing Epico would be there, and would likely find a way to cost Lexie the match. He could then be angry with her, or rather, fake being angry, and send her to Europe alone as a punishment. It worked like a charm, and he found himself backstage after the match telling her off.

He paced up and down in front of her, and the camera behind them, anger in his eyes and voice.

"You lost. You lost to Primo? I can't believe I'm wasting my time, trying to get you to even be considered a wrestler." He growled, angrily.

"I'm sorry...if Epico hadn't interfered..." Lexie began.

"Don't give me excuses, girl, I've heard it all before. Get your backside to the airport, and get out of my sight. No, I'm not coming to Europe. I don't want to see you fail anymore." He said, and the cameras backed off as he walked away a little, leaving Lexie stunned. They signalled they had stopped filming, and went off quickly. As they turned the corner, The Undertaker kept his back to her, not wanting her to see his face, because he knew it wasn't anger she would see on there.

"Don't stand there, woman. You have a plane to catch. Go already." He said.

"You really aren't coming?" She asked. He felt that vice like feeling again and reigned it in, he needed to send her off angry so she would keep her distance while he sorted out what he wanted to say.

"The hell I am. See if you can do something right for a change and at least win in front of your home fans." He retorted, walking off. There was a pause, and the sound of sobs and footsteps rushing away. He turned his head just enough to see her wiping her eyes as she ran away. A small part of him felt bad, he knew it was his fault she was crying. John's words hung in his ears again, that he was going too far, that she would break soon and it wouldn't be pretty if he carried on. If only John knew what he was dealing with, maybe the man wouldn't be so harsh. Then again, perhaps he could advise him on what the fuck he was supposed to do. He walked around the corner and sat on an equipment crate, taking his hat off and setting it in his lap. This was such a mess, all because he'd made a decision to protect her. It would end up costing him dearly if he didn't sort it out.

Lexie had stood a moment, before turning and rushing to her trailer. As she hurried, tears once more clouded her eyes. Why did he have to be so damn horrible to her, what was it that had him hating her so much? She did everything he wanted, followed his every instruction to the letter as best she could, and time after time it wasn't good enough she was always that one step short. He used to love her, at least she thought he did, so surely she couldn't have screwed up that badly?

Despite trying to fight it off, the tears came thicker and faster the more she thought about her situation, and she ended up walking headlong in to Roman Reigns as he, Dean and Seth headed for their cars. Lexie fell and ended up on her backside, almost hitting her head on the floor.

"Hey, watch it...oh, jeez...Lexie? Are you ok?" Roman said, before helping her up.

"Please, don't talk to me, I'll get in even more trouble," she blurted, pulling free of Roman as he helped her up.

"Ok, I won't, but at least tell me you are ok? Haven't you got a plane to catch?" he asked.

"Yes, and yes...and I really, really need to go." Lexie said, rushing off. Roman watched her go, angry that she was crying. He picked up his bag again and the three continued walking, each wondering what The Undertaker had done to once again reduce her to tears.