Chapter 6 - Aww, did I make you mad?

Lexie would have to wait a week to exact any sort of revenge, however. She was now off duty, as such, until RAW the following Monday and told to rest and heal after her match with Undertaker, and the added stress on her body after facing Randy Orton. She joined the tour the night before, and had intended to just ride in the trailer to the next venue. Undertaker pulled rank yet again, much to Lexie's anger, and told her they would travel together the following day. So, the following morning saw Lexie, scowling, get in to the same car as The Undertaker. Lexie had been all for castrating Randy Orton on the spot after she found out it was he who had decided Taker's fate. Somehow, although he wasn't quite sure how, Undertaker had dissuaded her from doing so, and advised her just to have words with him.

"What I did is a bit of a jump from court hearings of the past, buying the judge a few bottles of JD isn't quite going to cut it." He advised as they drove.

"Yeah, but kicking the crap out of you wasn't the leniency I asked for. I should at least share your punishment, it was my fault in the first place." Lexie replied, leaning on the car door and looking out the window as they made their way to the venue.

"In their mind, the punishment I got was the lenient punishment. Trust me, they wanted to do worse." He replied, as he concentrated on navigating around a truck. Lexie looked over at him, the bruises were even more evident now. She was silent as he got round the truck, and re-joined the traffic. It wasn't till they had driven for another three miles, and pulled in to an IHOP to grab lunch that she spoke. And once again it was in a voice The Undertaker wasn't used to hearing.

"I'm sorry." She managed.

"Pardon?" He looked over at her in the passenger seat, as she played with her hands.

"I'm sorry," She repeated. "Look, you were an asshole to me, I was a bit of a bitch to you. I thought challenging you would make you see how much I didn't want to work with you, if I was willing to put myself through that. I didn't think it through, I'll admit that, and the beating you gave me was just desserts to be honest. But I never, in a million years, thought you'd end up with the living shit kicked out of you for my actions." Undertaker looked down at the girl as she finished speaking, and considered what she was saying. She had shown the true Lexie in the past 24 hours, this was a girl who he wasn't used to dealing with. He wasn't overly sure how to react.

"I appreciate that, but you do realise I'm just as at fault, if not more so, right?" He asked. She looked up at him, her brow furrowed. It was clear she disagreed. He tried a different tact. "Look, while you challenged me, rather than taking you up on it, I should have ignored you. Taking you on was NOT the right thing to do. Although to be fair, it gave me a good idea of what you can do."

"Let's just agree to disagree, and call the matter quits." Lexie said irritably, and Taker smiled, knowing she'd realised she wasn't going to get her way.

"Alright. You can go back to hating me if you want."

"I never stopped." She said with the evil smile he'd seen the night before, and got out the car. "And she's back again. How long before I want to throttle her this time?" He asked himself, shaking his head as he got out the car.

When the pair reached the arena, they were surprised to see Vince's limo parked up. Undertaker groaned, knowing in the pit of his stomach this wouldn't be good. As the pair walked towards the building, Hunter came out. He paused, looked the pair of them up and down, shook his head before beckoning to them to follow him.

"Vince wants to speak to us," Undertaker said with certainty that only years of experience could provide.

"Oh..." Undertaker looked down at Lexie to see her face had drained of all its colour, much like it had done the previous night as he got in the ring. "I'm not the only one who scares you then," he thought to himself as they walked in, following Hunter. Hunter paused outside the door and took a deep breath before knocking. A voice called out to them to enter, and they went in, although Lexie had to be given a little shove by Undertaker to go in. Undertaker closed the door behind them, and surveyed the scene in front of them. Hunter and Steph stood to one side, nervously watching as Vince McMahon stood in front of him, and Lexie stood fearfully to the side. "She thinks she's about to get fired" he realised.