Chapter 7 - Through The Hourglass

As The Undertaker stormed off, Roman found himself holding back the furious ball of energy that was Lexie. He could have let her go, it was true, but there would be more harm done than good.

"Come on, Lexie, calm down." He tried to soothe her. It took another few minutes but he managed it.

"He..he made me loose!" she exclaimed.

"How?" asked Roman, perplexed. Sure, she'd been chokeslammed, but she had more than enough energy in her to recover from it.

"He did something out there...something unnatural," she said. "I couldn't move. I tried to get up, but it felt like I was paralysed. Urgh, never mind." She said, catching Roman's worried glance. "Look, Roman, you're a nice guy, can I ask you to do something for me?" she said, looking up at him, a hand in her sweat drenched locks.

"Sure, what do you need?" he asked.

"I need you not to get involved, between me and Taker when he returns. It's not your fight, Roman. It's mine."

"What, you think I'm just gonna stand there while he throws you to the lions?" he asked. "No. Not gonna happen, baby girl." He said, with a shake of the head.

"Don't tell me you're a stubborn asshole like he is?" she asked, exasperated.

"Stubborn, yes, but I draw the line at asshole. Come on, you need to head to medical." He said, and began to lead her off towards the medical bay.

"I don't need to head to medical, I need to kick his fucking head in." she grumbled, but allowed the big Samoan to lead her off.

When she awoke the following morning, it was to someone hammering on her hotel door.

"Jordan! Wakey, wakey, rise and shine!"

"Fuck off Seth!" she yelled, recognising the man's voice. There was a jiggling sound at the door, and a click as it opened.

"Always knew that trick would come in handy." Dean said, and Jordan buried her head under the pillow, missing Dean enter the room while sliding a paperclip that had clearly been bent out of shape back in to his wallet. He was followed by Roman and Seth, the door shutting behind them.

"So. You gonna get up, or you gonna stay under there?" asked Seth, leaning against the wall, the three of them very amused. They watched as she lifted the side of the pillow closest to the window, and got a garbled and very insulting response as a result. Roman then walked over and yanked the curtains apart.

"Go away ya bastards!" she yelled, pulling the pillow over her head once again. There was no way she was getting up without it being her choice.

"Nope!" Dean said, before pulling off her blanket. Lexie curled up in a ball, raising one corner of her pillow to look at the alarm clock on the hotel bedside table. She let out a frustrated cross between a yell and a growl, and pulled the pillow over her head again. Seth reached over and yanked the pillow away.

"Go away you swine, it's half past fucking six!" she exclaimed.

"Good! Time to get up. You want to get rid of Taker off your back? It starts today." Roman replied. Among muttered curses, Lexie sat up and wiped her eyes.

"I am NOT a nice person when I am WOKEN UP DELIBERATELY!" she growled.

"No one is. You've got half an hour to get showered and dressed. Dress for the gym, by the way." Dean said. "Oh and in case you get any ideas," he replied as she flopped backwards, wondering what she had done to deserve this, "I'll take these." He yanked the pillow from under her head, and took it with the blanket out of the room.