Chapter 13 - There Was Another

It was now mid February. The pair were getting on better than ever. At least, to people's faces. Secretly, the pair were planning a holiday together during The Undertaker's break after Wrestlemania. The Undertaker was even warily accepted around Roman, Dean and Seth, although each man was no fool to admit that they were getting on for any reason other than for Lexie, and the moment Undertaker slipped up, he would get to face the three men's wrath.

So when the pair arrived before RAW one evening, they expected nothing different. After changing, they were heading to the catering area when Hunter came over to them. His face said he was clearly worried.

"You two got a minute? It's about Wrestlemania." He said, his brow creased in concern.

"Sure. We can spare some time before we warm up." Undertaker said, taking the lead. Hunter nodded and indicated they should follow him. Undertaker was no fool, he knew what was coming would not be to his liking. It never was when Hunter had that look on his face. A glance down at Lexie showed she was also concerned, that look in her own eyes said she knew she wasn't going to like it either.

He was right, and uncomfortably so, he realised as Hunter bade them both to sit. The man took a deep breath, this was weighing heavy on his mind it was clear.

"Vince spoke to me yesterday about Wrestlemania." He began.

"About my opponent?" Undertaker asked. Hunter nodded. "Who is it?"

"You won't like it." Hunter said, with a grimace.

"Who is it, Hunter?" Undertaker asked, his voice level. It was clear to all in the room he wasn't messing about. Hunter put a hand to his forehead and leant on his elbow.

"Brock Lesnar." There was a moment's silence, but it seemed to stretch on forever before Lexie broke it.

"No! You can't!" She said with a pleading voice. Undertaker looked at her, unsure if she was breaking their secrecy, and as such, unsure how to act. "I mean...the streak...it's supposed to be Undertaker's retiring achievement, right? You can't put him in with Lesnar, the man doesn't know where to stop!" she said, and Undertaker felt a surge of...was it pride? Admiration? Either way, her recovery from her outburst was a good one, and he watched as Hunter gave no indication he thought otherwise.

"It gets worse." Hunter said, shaking his head. "Vince wants Lexie ringside. For her first Wrestlemania...she's to accompany you to the ring, and he's asking me to encourage you to let her get involved."

"Get...involved?" Lexie stammered, confused. "I don't understand." Undertaker understood completely however. Vince wanted Lexie to help poke the Beast, to enrage Brock and help him lose the match. But he didn't realise the cost. Hunter explained the fact to her, and both men could see her frown become a scowl, her eyes become darker and angrier. While Undertaker had been witness to this before, Hunter had not, and was caught off guard as she simply stood up and walked out the door.

"I'll speak to her," Undertaker said as Hunter went to stand up.

"I hope you two can work something out. I can't tell Vince no, can I?"

"You won't have to. I'll manage something, don't worry." He replied, before standing and letting himself out.

Lexie had stormed off towards the arena's gym. She felt like hitting something, or someone, and was pretty sure the gym would at least have punching bags. She was well rewarded by a miraculously empty gym, and plenty of punch bags. She walked over and began to punch and kick the living daylights out of it. When Undertaker walked in, she was well in to her method of anger relief, punching and kicking for all she was worth.

"It's ok." He said, as he walked over, making her pause in her punching.

"No," she bit as she swung for the bag again. "It's not."