Chapter 10 - Shaken Up

It was now five days before Christmas, and Undertaker still wanted to throttle Chris Jericho. He just didn't see how this was going to help either him, or Lexie. He'd spent the past weekend scrubbing the house clean from top to bottom, although somewhat un-necessarily, getting in enough supplies to last, and ensuring there were several bottles of whiskey in the drinks cabinet. He was damn sure he'd need them. And now, he was on his way to the airport to pick her up. He only hoped she would be gone as soon as possible after Christmas. Pulling in to the pick up bay, he watched as people came out, he assumed from her flight. As the crowds cleared, he still hadn't seen her, and was wondering if she was pulling another fast one, when she came out, pulling her bag behind her. The scowl on her face said she wasn't in the best of moods, and Undertaker decided it would be best to perhaps just take her home and let her do her own thing. He stepped out of the car and looked over at her as she came outside. Catching his eye, he was rewarded with a roll of her own and the look of resignation on her face.

"You look so pleased to be here." Undertaker observed as she got closer.

"I'd rather be eating Christmas dinner at my mothers." She replied as he came round to get her bag for her.

"I thought you didn't get on with your family?" he asked, puzzled.

"I don't." She said with a thin smile.

"Oh. I see," He replied, realising he'd just been insulted. "Doors open."

They were silent for most of the ride back to his, and Undertaker found himself wondering if he shouldn't just drop her at a hotel.

"I was trying to find a hotel but everywhere is booked up. So you're kinda stuck with me." She said finally, looking out the window. "Don't worry. I'll stay in wherever the room you've decided to put me in, and I won't bug you."

"That's kind and all, but you gotta eat. And we need to take a picture or two, to prove i haven't murdered you, or you murdered me." He replied.

"Then take a picture or two today, and we'll call it done. I don't want to be here anymore than you want me here." She replied. Undertaker said nothing and the silence grew between them again. Yes Taker, this is going to be just awesome, this will be the best Christmas ever, he told himself as he drove.

As they pulled up to his house, he saw her looking out for something out of the corner of his eye. Of course, the bike, he realised.

"It's in the garage. Try and be civil, and I might let you see it." He said, making her scowl at him, her intentions clearly rumbled.

"I'll try. Depends if you can do the same back." She said with a thin smile, before opening the door.

"Jericho I am going to castrate you for this, I swear." He said as the door closed on the car, and Lexie looked up at the house. He got out, got her bags from the back seat and went to unlock the door. He was glad to be back in the warm, and watched as Lexie cautiously entered the house behind him.

"It's just a normal house, Lexie, there's no booby traps, tripwires, flames etc." He said, before closing the door behind her. Lexie gave him a look that suggested she clearly did not believe him, and then, to his surprise, pulled a gift bag from her rucksack.

"Here. I might hate your guts, but I'm not about to diss you as a host. It's not much but..." She shrugged, handing him the bag. It was his turn to frown now, and he looked in to the bag with curiosity only to smile.

"A decent bottle of scotch. I've not had one for a long, long time. I thought you couldn't get this stateside?" he asked, looking up at her.

"You can't. I've had it for several years...I'm not overly keen on Scotch, so, well, I figured you might like it." She replied. "Like I said, it's not much, but..." she made a dismissive hand gesture.