Chapter 3 - At Hells Gate

The next day, when Lexie awoke, they were now in Indianapolis. She threw the covers back, and sat up, wiping her eyes and catching sight of a bad case of bed hair in the mirror. A glance at the time showed it was seven am. Lexie inwardly cursed her inability to sleep in, and went to shower. As she washed thoughts on how to get out of her situation crossed her mind.

Telling Triple H was no good, he knew that deep down, she wanted The Undertaker's approval. And god, how she wanted that. Dreams of meeting him, ever since she was a kid, had been filled with him telling her she was good at what she did, praise for how she worked. Dreams that had been cruelly shattered the day before. He didn't want to work with her, she hadn't impressed him. Lexie caught sight of his symbol on her right forearm, and scrubbed it a little harder than needed, as if trying to scrub it off. It was the only reason they were being put together, and it had shattered her vision of her idol most cruelly. There had to be some way, some means of getting out of this.

At nine, someone hammered on her trailer door.

"Yo, Blackheart, time to eat!" it called, and Lexie smiled at the sound of CM Punk's voice. Opening the door, he stood there with AJ, his arm around her and a smile on his face.

"Great, I'm starving," Lexie replied, coming down from the bus and closing the door behind her. The three headed to catering, laughing and talking as they went.

They didn't see, from the trailer next to hers, The Undertaker come out as the group were halfway across the car park. He eyed Lexie with annoyance. Heads will roll if you don't train her, came Triple H's voice unbidden across his mind. Why should you be bothered, he asked himself, if heads will roll? Because you know damn well, that Vince follows through. And if Hunter doesn't know whose jobs are on the line, it could very well be his. Undertaker smiled to himself. Vince may have given him a job, he may even have come to accept Hunter as his son, but there was no way he was going to let him forget just who Vincent Kennedy McMahon was. And Vince and Triple H had a LOT of history, and hardly any of it good. His performance yesterday hadn't done him any favors, he had been more concerned about making her stay so someone didn't lose their job. That wasn't something he wanted on his shoulders. He needed to find a level ground with this girl. He needed to find an equal playing field, and then he'd be able to do as Triple H wanted. But that wasn't going to work while she was trying to find a way to get out of this that didn't involve his untimely demise.

"Well, you two sure made friends quickly, didn't you?" asked a voice, Undertaker looked to his left to see Triple H coming over in person.

"I wouldn't call it that exactly." He growled as the two men walked in to the building together.

"Look, I get that you two aren't happy working together, but you need to find some way of doing it without tearing each other's heads off." Triple H said.

"And please explain to me how I'm going to do that? How I'm going to sit in the same room as that kid and not want to throttle her?" He asked. Hunter's face clearly said he had no idea.

"Look, Vince said we're to let your storyline free flow until the pair of you can settle down and work together. I've never seen him so excited about a free flow story before," Hunter added.

"I've got a huge fight on my hands, Hunter. I don't even know what it is about this girl that totally rubs me up the wrong way, but it does. You better hope she doesn't make some kind of rash decision to get out of this."

"What, like challenging you for her freedom? Somehow, I doubt she's above doing that, you know." Hunter said as they got closer to catering.

"That's what worries me." Undertaker replied.