Chapter 8 - Run

Silence. Not a word escaped her lips. The crowd were hushed, which in itself was scary. He towered over her as she stood defiant, her friends slowly coming to on the floor.

"Your time is up, Jordan. How this next bit plays out is up to you." He said. "You can come quietly and assume your role as my apprentice. No one will get hurt. If you refuse...then things will get nasty." He said. Lexie stepped forwards, angry at the threat, and dealt him a slap round the face.

"I will NEVER be your apprentice." She growled. He looked back at her, the slap seemingly having had no effect. There was a scuffle behind her, her friends were being held up by several of the druids, Seth was barely conscious as it was.

"I'll give you a chance to reconsider." He said as Roman regained enough consciousness to know what was happening. "I warned you things would get nasty." Roman began to struggle, yelling to Seth to wake up, to Dean to wake up, but it was too late as Seth was set on by the guys. Lexie made to get over and help him, but The Undertaker held her back. It hurt more than she could explain as Seth fell to the canvas, and they then started on Dean.

"Stop! Stop it that's enough!" she yelled, straining against The Undertaker's grip as Dean fought back, but was overcome by numbers. Dean fell to the floor bleeding from his mouth, and Lexie could take no more as the group turned its attention to the big Samoan who was currently being held down by four people. "Ok! All right I'll do it!" she said, turning to him.

"Do what?" asked The Undertaker, signalling the group to stop. Roman was roughly shoved to the ground, and he made his way over to Dean and Seth, Dean doing his best despite his own injuries to rouse his friend.

"Damn it, you son of a bitch, I'll be your apprentice!" she said angrily. "Just don't hurt them...they don't need to suffer because of me."

"Stop hurting them?" asked The Undertaker, and gave her an almighty shove away from him, sending her crashing to the mat with her friends. "Why would I stop at hurting them, when hurting them to get to you works so very well." The crowds booed as Lexie knelt, arms outstretched protectively in front of Dean and Seth, Seth finally regaining consciousness himself enough to ask what had happened. Lexie saw red and the crowds saw her fiery temper at its finest for the first time, as she launched herself at The Undertaker, punching and kicking, scratching and slapping for all she was worth. Roman managed to pull her away, only just, with Dean doing his best to help. Undertaker got to his feet and glared at her, before stepping forwards and getting face to face with her.

"I take you as my apprentice for reasons only you and I know. But know this. You will NEVER be good enough to earn my approval." He said, barely above a whisper, before leaving the ring, the druids filing out behind him as RAW went off the air.

He knew it hurt, it hurt more than she would ever let on. He saw it in her eyes the moment he said it. As he reached backstage, he saw the other wrestlers looking at him, shaking heads in disgust. Worst of all was Kane, and he found his reaction shocked him most of all.

"As you can probably tell, the entire locker room is rather angry with you. I feel compelled to ask what the hell's gotten in to you, although I have my doubts that you'll entertain answering me." Kane said, falling in to step beside Undertaker as they walked.

"Don't judge me, Brother, you wouldn't understand." He growled as the two men turned down a side corridor.

"I understand just fine. That girl worships the ground you walk on, and you're treating her like shit." Kane retorted. "That's not going to fly with the roster, Brother, and you know it."

"There are reasons for what I'm doing, Kane."

"Really? Then I would LOVE to hear them." Kane replied. Undertaker stopped, and looked him dead in the eye.