Chapter 18 - But I Still Want It

Going to the arena that night, her stomach churned and twisted with the thought of being around him. No matter how much she reminded herself he wasn't there, Lexie still found herself avoiding everyone, getting changed and sitting out of everyone's way till it was time for her match. She knew she had been set against Seth, and there was likely a reason behind it. Although she probably wouldn't find out what that reason was for a while. As she waited backstage, CM Punk came past.

"Hey, Lex. Knock 'em dead, girl." He said, throwing her something. Lexie caught it as he walked off, and saw it was a chocolate lime. She smiled, slipping it in her jean pocket.

As she walked out to an unfamiliar tune, she saw The Shield in the ring. He'd set her against Seth Rollins this time, she figured it was because he was eager to make her pay for her loss against Primo. Lexie walked down to the ring, realising they had chosen a song for her, and she recognised it as Survival of the Sickest by Saliva. She had no music of her own, and The Undertaker wasn't there so she couldn't use his music as they normally would. The thought that someone had been considerate enough to let her have a song of her own while she fought for herself bolstered her a little. But not for long as she got up on the apron, and her stomach dropped. Seth was grinning almost ferally at her, and Lexie stepped between the ropes nervously. This was not going to be easy. Her hand brushed her jeans pocket, and she pulled out the sweet CM Punk had given her. She looked at it, and smiled a moment, before putting it back. The bell rang and the match began.

Lexie surprised everyone by going on the offence first, running at Seth and driving him in to the turnbuckle. The UK fans roared their approval as she shoulder barged him two, then three times in to the corner, before standing across him and delivering elbow smashes to the head. The crowd chanted with her as she hit Seth, his team mates looking very confused on the outside. This was a new Jordan, one they had never encountered, and they asked each other if it was just for her home country she was putting on more of a show.

Meanwhile, Seth had picked her up, and delivered a power bomb to her, driving her to the mat. Lexie gasped, her back stung, as Seth stood, trying to get his head together a moment. Getting to her feet again, she was pleased to see Seth had a cut lip. The ref checked him, he said he was fine, and the match continued.

"Where's this all come from, Roman?" asked Dean as Lexie and Seth locked up, before Seth got the edge and got her in an arm lock.

"I don't know. I don't understand it. Maybe its cause Taker isn't here, she feels she can branch out. And she is back in the UK after all," Roman said. The pair watched as Lexie and Seth tore each other apart, and a trick by Lexie allowed her to send Seth over the ropes. The crowds screamed as Roman and Dean came over, Dean climbing on the apron, before getting drop kicked back off. Roman was stood with Seth as he helped him to his feet. Around her all Lexie could hear were people cheering for her, begging for her to do one move. She grinned, she wasn't about to disappoint. Running back and rebounding off the ropes, Ceridwen leapt in to the air. Beneath her, Seth and Roman barely had time to register what was happening before she came down on them. Lexie scrambled to her feet, before hauling up Seth and pushing him in the ring, getting the pin.

Back home, Taker was watching in the company of his friend Steve Austin. He'd set her against Seth not as a punishment, but as a gift, of sorts. A chance for her to really, really shine and show what she could do, that she could hold her own like she had often told him she could.

"So, let me get this straight. You dumped her ass cause you were afraid of getting the pair of you hurt, now you both ARE hurt as a result?" Steve asked. Taker nodded and pulled the glass of whiskey to his lips. "And now, you both won't admit that you still care for each other, and the only way you can cope with it is to be an asshole towards her, and she's only sticking it out because, and I'm only guessing here, she both wants your approval, and wants to love you still."