Chapter 9 - Tis The Season

The drive to Smackdown was going to be long, and Undertaker was well aware of it. Lexie said nothing to him, looking at the dazzling displays of Christmas lights as they passed shops and houses.

"It's going to be Christmas soon." He ventured, after the silence became too much and began to irritate him.

"Mmmhmmm." She made a noise rather than spoke to him. She was still mad with him.

"Won't you be going home? To see family?" he asked.

"No. We don't get on." She replied in the tone of voice that suggested that should be the end of it.

"But surely you're doing something for the holidays?" Undertaker asked.

"Yes. Hitting the gym, working my ass off. As per usual." She said. "Seasonal holidays are no excuse for a day off." Ah. And now I get an insight in to her work ethic. He thought to himself.

"Not even after all the hard work you've put in this year?"

"You mean the hard work getting punched kicked and stomped on? Getting my ass handed to me on a plate by opponents twice my size?" she bit. Undertaker scowled, and the conversation died. As they drove the pair remained mostly in silence, and although they didn't know it, they were thinking the same thing.

I don't understand why they just don't separate us.

They know we can't get on, they know we rub each other the wrong way.

He hates my guts I'll never be good enough for him

She's never going to be what Vince wants out of her, not at this rate.

How am I supposed to last till next year without killing him in his sleep?

I can't make it to Survivor Series without wanting to throttle her, how is forcing us to work together a good idea?

When they finally made it to Smackdown, people were waiting for them. As soon as the hearse had stopped, Lexie got out and walked away.

"Where do ya think you're going Kid?" he asked, getting out the car himself.

"Away from you." she snapped, as he caught up with her quickly. He planted himself in front of her.

"You forget, Kid, you need to work with me here."

"And you forget, you old fossil, you need me to make this look good. Which I can. For a price." Lexie retorted, the change in gears alarming even to Undertaker.

"It has a price now, does it?" he asked. His eyes looked over her as she stared him straight back, and he realized this time, he could not see what she was thinking.

"Tonight, The Shield and I get our revenge. You lay down and take it, and I'll make the next week look picture perfect between us. I might even smile at you. Balls in your court, Undertaker." She said, and blasted him with an alarming smile that shook him to his core as she walked past, running over to and hugging Paige. He turned and watched as Lexie reassured everyone it was just a misunderstanding, and they were fine, and after all, she would be silly to throw this away. He didn't hear Kane come over until the man was stood next to him, and spoke.

"She caught you out didn't she?" he said.

"Yes. And I'm not sure how, but she flipped the tables on me." He replied, not even bothering to lie.

"She's got that something, I told you that. She knows what she wants. And that special something is going to help her get it. You know, you might even get along one day."

"I don't ever see that happening." Undertaker replied.

"Happened with us, didn't it?" asked Kane, before walking off.