Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Would you look at Alyson?" Mark hissed, "I expect her to pop out of the dress if she keeps pushing her chest out like that".

"She is all over him" Sarina gaped. "I guess my come hither chant didn't work"

"Oh, would two you stop" Nova was frustrated, She had little sleep last night because of the new kid's attitude and she wasn't in the mood for it today.

"You know what your right" Sarina said with a nod, "If  he is as much of a jerk that you say then they deserve each other." 

 "Yeah he's a jerk" She agreed trying not to look at the display Alyson was making. But her traitorous eyes was completed glued on the scene. Alyson stood there leaning on "his" car (yes, she still didn't know his name) flirting outrageously while he leaned on his arm towering over her.

And the idiot was laughing at whatever Alyson was saying.

You can't tell how completely shallow she is? She asked to herself.  

He looked up and over his shoulder to look at her. At first she felt automatic embarrassment for being caught staring at them. But feeling defiant she gave him a cold look in return. Let him play with who he wants. He didn't matter to her. She smiled sweetly and strolled off unhurriedly trailing behind her friends.

Seth watched Nova walk away with a sense of dread. He wanted to go after her and tell her that this wasn't what it looked like. This girl had grabbed his car keys when he had dropped them getting his book bag from his backseat.

She was holding them hostage until he told her his name. His name was important to him. He did not just willingly  give it to anyone. Besides he was trying to giving the impression that he was a normal human teenage boy, and showing this little girl his true form would eliminate that. But, he thought it might just be worth it.  

"Look, We are going to be late for class" he said exasperated.

"Come on" she cooed as she pouted, "I already told you my name.. I'll give you my number too. Just tell me yours.."

He glared at her with irritation. "My name is Seth. Now let's have it" He held out his hand for his keys.  She handed the keys to him with a folded piece of paper and sauntered off. He put the keys in his pocket and waded up the paper. Looking around, seeing himself alone in the deserted parking lot he opened his palm. Flames ate up the paper quickly. He closed up his fist tightly. Procel, he thought. Here is a number for you. He whispered with a grin. Its good to be evil he thought,knowing that Procel had heard him and it would spike his interest.

While he headed to class, he didn't realize a pair of eyes was watching him from near a building. As he walked past her, she ducked into a open door. Oh my God she thought as she squeezed her eyes shut. He's not human.

*~*

Nova slapped her books down with more force than necessary. She was irritated. The thing was she didn't know why. Just because she had dreamed of him and he suddenly showed up her life did not make him hers. In fact she knew nothing about him. Not even the simplest thing. Ryan had noticed her irritation but had wisely not commented on it. He figured she and Sarina were arguing. He knew to stay out of the middle of their arguments.

Seth entered the classroom just as the teacher was passing out their lab work. He quickly sat at his seat. After he got settled he dared a glance at Nova. She sat there head in hand, drumming her fingers on the table. She didn't even bother looking at him. Inwardly he winced. He was going to have to be better at this.

"All right class get to work" The teacher commanded. Nova jumped up quickly to go gather supplies. Seth mentally went over his plan. This was harder than he thought. He expected to be be further by now. But he hadn't took into account how irresistible she would be. He looked over to her.