Chapter 18

Chapter 18

As soon as Seth said the words, his body ruptured in pain. He fell to his knees as wave after wave hit him engulfing him. It was like somebody had token a blow torch to him, only the fire started from inside his body. He laid on the ground writhing in pain as the three men vanished.

Seth screamed as the fire burned hotter, he had never felt such pain before. He struggled to lift his head to see where the others gone. But all he saw were trees, the trees and Nova, who was lying near him on the ground.  

His human disguise melted away as parts of his soul died. His body took the fire external as he balled up a small as a six foot demon could get. He slowly rolled his body over trying to gain comfort from the cool grass as his body turned up the heat. He knew pain, he had created it. But this death was a hundred times worse than his first.

"Awgh" he whimpered, as sharp pains intruded the inferno in his body. It was like someone was taking a sledgehammer and slamming it inside his head. Coherency started slipping as he finally stopped fighting it and accepted his second death. His final coherent act was to slow reach over and grasp Nova's extended hand.

"I love you" he whispered with his final breath.

Camael watched his friends death from a distance above. He gripped the tree he was sitting in so hard, part of it snapped in his hands, sending limbs to the ground below.

Patience he told himself as he watched the demons form slowly burn completely. Like acid it sizzled and burnt. Camael dropped down to the ground beside the star crossed lovers. Nova laid there peaceful in death, unknowing that a demon had just given up his existence for her.  

Camael knelt down and lifted the pairs hands as he slowly released Nova's hand from the disintegrating demon, before the acid burned her hand. As he waited for Seth's body to disintegrate completely, he gathered Nova in his arms.

It wouldn't do her any good to reawaken here where so much tragedy has happened. He lifted his head and searched the heavens. His eyes burned in their intensity as he finally gave in to his powers call. He had ignored his strength for to long now.

He finally felt free as his body hovered the ground, his silver wings spanned out to their full glory. His hair grew to it's normal long length as he skin sizzled with electricity, taking on a powerful glow. Power shot through every pore on his body.

He looked down at Nova's face as he popped out of the woods. Time to go home little one.

*~*

Seth screamed as the flames grew hotter through his drop from earth. At first all he could see was darkness as he continued falling. Then suddenly light burst all around him, blinding him. He couldn't see anything as his falling pace tripled in speed.

"Omph" the breath slammed out of him as finally found the bottom, hitting it so hard that the ground actually vibrated, shaking from impact.

He didn't know how long he laid there, his body etched in pain. I thought after the final death you couldn't feel pain anymore? He asked himself as he slowly came to his surroundings. Your in hell, of course there is going to be pain. It's ok he told himself, I can live with pain as he opened his eyes with determination. No one could break him.

Steeling himself, he lifted his body off the ground to face his new home. He looked out over the cavern, feeling its heat worse than the burning he experienced before. He took a shuttered breath trying to find air through the heat. He could hear a strange weeping coming the other side of a wall near him. He heard the pitiful cry as it lanced through his body.

He took a step away from the whimpering, ready to face his future. He looked back at the gate of hell. He expected to see demons guarding the entrance, some big sign besides   the heat that he landed in hell. But, no one was there. He was completely alone. I guess they don't have to worry about people trying to break in here... he shook his head cynically at his thoughts.