Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Seth sat by the ponds edge, lost to everything around him. He was so caught up in his thoughts he didn't notice others approaching. His heart felt like someone had put a knife though it. He kept envisioning Nova's face over and over again. Each time new feelings left him raw. He had scared her he knew.

How could she not be terrified? He scoffed to himself. He had shown her his worst. She would never look at him the same way again. The girl he gotten to be fond of was gone. She would never look at him with her heart again. He felt her curiosity when she listened to him, he had saw her attraction to him in her touch. He evendeluded himself into thinking she could possibly care for him.

But that was what it was, a illusion. A monster like him didn't have someone like her. He was stupid to even hold the idea. But emotions were a fickle thing, because following that thought, he felt instantly guilty. Why would she love him? She didn't even know how he had bargained her soul. He damned her before he had even met her.

Who was he kidding? He was his father through and through. His father had damned all of those he had touched as well. He killed their spirit just as he was going to kill hers.

He thoughts continued to plague him. He berated himself with every passing moment. He was suppose to be a demon he shouted to the heavens. He wasn't suppose to have these emotions. Emotions were a weakness for any demon, they were cruel, heartless. They committed every evil act imaginable, not one of the demons he knew cared for their victims. Why did he?

His thoughts were so centered on self disgust, he didn't notice the boy standing next to him until a fishing pole landed beside him. Seth's revery ended when he saw Ryan looming over him.

"Is there a problem?" Seth stood, ready for a fight.

"Yeah, you could say that" Ryan spat as he clenched his fists. "Stay away from her". He warned.

Seth let out a mocking laugh. Was this ordinary human boy threatening him? How had his life changed so dramatically? Just as the thought passed, he knew the answer. Nova had happened.

"And if I don't?" he mocked.

"Oh I think you will..." Ryan drawled with an equal amount of smugness, "You see, Nova and I go way back. We have known each all our lives. I am who she runs to when she's upset, I am the one she listens to. You are nothing but a passing interest. I have always be here, and I will be here long after you are gone." He said with confidence,

"I will make her understand that you are not what she wants. You don't even stand a chance".

"If I didn't stand a chance then why are you worried?" Seth drawled.

Ryan took a step closer to him, ready to pick a fight.

"Because Nova doesn't see what a monster you are. She is so innocent she does see that you are playing her. She does not see the way you watch her, like she's some lamb you are leading to its death." Seth's eyes grew piercing as Ryan continued to rant at him and warn him off of her.

Nova gasped in anger, as she listened to Ryan. She had been deciding how to approach Seth, he looked so sad. He didn't need Ryan jumping down his case right now. Friend or not Ryan was in for a surprise.

"Shut up Ryan!" she shouted, stepping through the bushes she was using for cover. Both boys turned to her at once. Ryan looked as if she had slugged him, and Seth tried to hide his surprise.

"Ryan, you have no right. No right to talk to him like this." She used her hands to emphasis her words as she walked the short distance separating them.