Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Nova fluttered her eyes to the bright sunlight. Turning her face into her pillow, she tried to think through the fogginess of her mind. Her head felt like it had been in a coma, Her body felt weighed down by invisible weights.

"Awgh" she groaned, turning back to sunlight shining through her bedroom window.

"My window!" she gasped as she forced herself to sit up gazing wildly around, realizing she was back in her room. She squeezed her eyes shut and waited a moment before reopening her eyes, to make sure her room wouldn't disappear. It didn't.

She looked down her body and saw that she was still wearing her clothes from yesterday. Her mind was full of questions as she lifted her hand to her face, noticing a fading burn mark on her palm. How did she get here? Where was Seth? She shook her head and tried to remember every detail.

I was with Seth in the woods, we were kissing and... She blushed, No way I am going to forget that. It was the best moment in her life. Her foggy mind forgot everything else as she relived every sweet memory of their night. I never dreamed having sex would be like that, she sighed as she rubbed her fingers over the burn mark on her palm. I hope Seth feels like I do...

Seth. That snapped her out of her revery, Where was he?

She narrowed her eyes at her palm concentrating on remembering. I fell asleep in his arms and the next thing I remember was waking up in.. Her breath rushed out as she remembered, every single detail clouded her mind as her whole body started trembling. We were in hell... 

Nausea threatened choke her as she covered her mouth and climbed out of bed. She went to her mirror trying to see any left over transformation of death. The young woman staring back at her gave her a shocked look. She was back. She was still Nova. Hr mind realized as she looked over her body. Her skin was still ashen, but it was regaining it's normal color. Her hair was beyond dirty, twigs stoke out of it as dirt trialed from her ear to the side of her face.

"I am alive, I am alive.." she kept repeating to herself over and over again.

Tears clouded her eyes as her memory returned to Seth. She recalled every detail of hell. The extreme heat, the cavern, the pit and the scary bird like demon that was going to kill her. She replayed every moment as she stood there watching herself in the mirror.

Seth's red eyes burnt through her heart. Dread filled her as she finally remembered the last time she had seen him. They were in hell, he was comforting her. He held heras she cried, she was so scared. She had never been so terrified. She tried to calm herself down as she waited for him to take them out of there. She remembered her confusion when he didn't.

He sat there in the blistering heat, staring at her as if to memorize her every feature. She watched his expression turn to defeat as he whispered the three words that she had wanted to her so badly she started crying all over again. She watched tears stream in his eyes as she heard Camael's voice calling her in her mind.

Nova jerked herself out of the memory as she looked around her. She knew. Seth was saying goodbye. He was home and he wanted her to go back. That was why he stayed behind.

"He won his bet.." she realized as her heart shattered, He was only here for the bet after all. She fell to the bed as she felt every emotion in full force.

"I thought he was showing me that he loved me, not betraying me." she whispered to herself.

She cried until her tears refused to come. She laid in bed for hours repeating everything in her mind. Trying to deny the truth, but denial only worked so far as she recognized how she had played right into his schemes. He told me to stop.. but I just had to love him. I do love him! She yelled inside her mind.