Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Who are you?" Nova asked the stranger again after he stopped to offer her a ride, on a long dusty road bordering the forest.

"My name is Samuel." the older man pasted a seemingly genuine smile on his face as he waved her in. "I am traveling to Taft, and I am kind of in a hurry, so climb in."

Nova instincts were wary as she took the last step and climbed in the man's truck. She had never hitch hiked in her life. She had never wanted too. She knew all the dangers of this. But, she couldn't stop herself from climbing in. It was like her body was drugged, her legs felt like rubber. What is going on?

"I am regretful to have to go through such measures to assure that you obey" Only he didn't sound sorry at all.  

"What do you mean?" Nova asked freaking out. Oh my God! How do these people keep finding me? When this is over I am moving to Alaska, I swear.

"Well, I needed to talk with you without your little 'boyfriend' and this was my first opportunity.." He mused, pulling off on a side road.

Nova took the time to get a good look at his face. He reminded her of someone, but she couldn't place who. Something about him was very familiar. The man's hair was raven black, with streaks of gray, his eyes were blue and his complexion dark. Hmm, nothing is ringing a bell.

As he pulled the truck to a stop her panic came rushing back to her. She was alone with some strange old man, and he had powers to make her body obey him. Oh God, Oh God.. Nova watched him climb out of the truck and walk around to her side. His smile was predatory as he opened the door. Nova fought herself with all the strength she had, but she was no match for his powers. Her body climbed out of the truck on its own, drawing closer to her downfall.

"No!" She screamed, "I am not going to die like this you bastard!" but, her struggles were useless as she took step after step, following the older man.

The man kept walking further into the woods, leaving Nova powerless but to follow. After they walked a short distance the man stopped. He scanned the surroundings, making sure they were alone.

"Oh God I am in the middle of the woods with a scary version of John Travolta! I can't die like this! Someone help me.. " Nova rambled frantically.

"John Travolta? Who is that?" the man turned around to question her, to her chargin he looked nothing more than amused.

"Let me go, I am nobody. A ordinary girl. There is nothing you can gain from killing me, seriously. All I have is grandfather and sister, and we don't have the money to pay a ransom..."  

"It is not money that I am after" he replied tonelessly, "But, I am interested...what do you see in him?" he asked as his tone turned curious, as his hand ran down her cheek.

Nova couldn't suppress the shiver that ran down her spine. His touch made her stomach roll, as cold dread spread throughout her body. She jerked away from his touch, realizing her limbs were becoming hers again. He must be real confident I won't escape, instead of voicing her thoughts she stood there glaring in defiance, remaining silent.

The older man laughed darkly at her expression. The girl had no idea what he could do to her, or what he had planned. Time to plant some seeds.. "Relax little girl I am not going to kill you yet. Well not now anyway," he corrected, hearing her heart accelerate he almost smiled again, God I love the sound of fear.

"Why is it that you are so terrified of me, and not Seth?" he asked geniually curious.

"Seth is not a monster! Seth hasn't dragged me into the woods..." she trailed off realizing Seth had dragged her into the woods... after some thought she continued, "Seth wouldn't hurt me." looking directly in his eyes.